Ronaldinho signs for Besiktas on a free transfer, according to reports in Turkey
After a stunning 2013, where Ronaldinho led Atletico Mineiro to Copa Libertadores glory, it seems the Brazilian legend is returning to Europe.
Reports in Turkey suggest Ronaldinho has agreed a free transfer move to Besiktas with his contract at Atletico Mineiro coming to a close at the end of 2013.
Roberto Assis, Ronaldinho’s brother, has reportedly been negotiating with Besiktas for over six months and has all but agreed a deal for the 33-year-old.
Ronaldinho has agreed a two-year deal with Besiktas and will earn six million euros per season.
The deal is expected to be ratified by the Besiktas board on Thursday and the Turkish side will announce the biggest signing in the club’s history.
Roberto Assis refused to confirm the Besiktas move to Brazilian reporters on Tuesday but admitted Ronaldinho is in Europe waiting to join his next club.
Besiktas are currently fourth in Turkey’s Super Lig table, 12 points behind leaders Fenerbahce.
- Speed freak: Liverpool loanee Lazar Markovic runs through entire Besiktas team (Video)
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- Ricardo Quaresma scores ridiculous goal for Besiktas v Trabzonspor (videos)
- Demba Ba signs for Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua in record-breaking transfer
- Ronaldinho crashes car into a ditch, agrees to tragicomic Selfie with fan
- Fluminense publish official statement confirming release of Ronaldinho after only 9 games
- Ronaldinho surprises Brazilian kids at training, proceeds to hit a rabona on the crossb...
- Ronaldinho nutmegs an Internacional opponent who was facing backwards at the time (Videos)