Ronaldinho signs for Besiktas on a free transfer, according to reports in Turkey
- January 1, 2014
After a stunning 2013, where Ronaldinho led Atletico Mineiro to Copa Libertadores glory, it seems the Brazilian legend is returning to Europe.
Reports in Turkey suggest Ronaldinho has agreed a free transfer move to Besiktas with his contract at Atletico Mineiro coming to a close at the end of 2013.
Roberto Assis, Ronaldinho’s brother, has reportedly been negotiating with Besiktas for over six months and has all but agreed a deal for the 33-year-old.
Ronaldinho has agreed a two-year deal with Besiktas and will earn six million euros per season.
The deal is expected to be ratified by the Besiktas board on Thursday and the Turkish side will announce the biggest signing in the club’s history.
Roberto Assis refused to confirm the Besiktas move to Brazilian reporters on Tuesday but admitted Ronaldinho is in Europe waiting to join his next club.
Besiktas are currently fourth in Turkey’s Super Lig table, 12 points behind leaders Fenerbahce.
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- Ricardo Quaresma scores ridiculous goal for Besiktas v Trabzonspor (videos)
- Demba Ba signs for Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua in record-breaking transfer
- Besiktas fans and Slaven Bilic share brilliant farewell song [Video]
- Chelsea’s Petr Cech in talks with Besiktas over summer move, confirms players agent
- Fenerbahce v Besiktas: Watch a Live Stream of the Super Lig match – available in the UK
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...