Ronaldinho signs for Besiktas on a free transfer, according to reports in Turkey
After a stunning 2013, where Ronaldinho led Atletico Mineiro to Copa Libertadores glory, it seems the Brazilian legend is returning to Europe.
Reports in Turkey suggest Ronaldinho has agreed a free transfer move to Besiktas with his contract at Atletico Mineiro coming to a close at the end of 2013.
Roberto Assis, Ronaldinho’s brother, has reportedly been negotiating with Besiktas for over six months and has all but agreed a deal for the 33-year-old.
Ronaldinho has agreed a two-year deal with Besiktas and will earn six million euros per season.
The deal is expected to be ratified by the Besiktas board on Thursday and the Turkish side will announce the biggest signing in the club’s history.
Roberto Assis refused to confirm the Besiktas move to Brazilian reporters on Tuesday but admitted Ronaldinho is in Europe waiting to join his next club.
Besiktas are currently fourth in Turkey’s Super Lig table, 12 points behind leaders Fenerbahce.
Watch Live Stream
- Anderson Talisca’s wife Anna Paula Ramos reveals racist abuse from Benfica fansSeptember 14, 2016
- Ricardo Quaresma and Besiktas were ecstatic to get Benfica in the UCL draw [Instagram]August 26, 2016
- Besiktas boss insists he doesn’t like Liverpool striker Mario BalotelliJuly 31, 2016
- Besiktas release statement denying any interest in Liverpool’s Mario BalotelliJuly 27, 2016
- Barcelona are already making excuses for their new club ambassador RonaldinhoOctober 18, 2016
- Barcelona suffer an epic fail regarding their new club ambassador RonaldinhoOctober 15, 2016
- Ronaldinho uploads all his highlights from the Peace Match to Instagram (videos)October 13, 2016
- When legends combine: Diego Maradona assist, Francesco Totti goal (video)October 13, 2016