- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Ronaldinho signs for Besiktas on a free transfer, according to reports in Turkey
After a stunning 2013, where Ronaldinho led Atletico Mineiro to Copa Libertadores glory, it seems the Brazilian legend is returning to Europe.
Reports in Turkey suggest Ronaldinho has agreed a free transfer move to Besiktas with his contract at Atletico Mineiro coming to a close at the end of 2013.
Roberto Assis, Ronaldinho’s brother, has reportedly been negotiating with Besiktas for over six months and has all but agreed a deal for the 33-year-old.
Ronaldinho has agreed a two-year deal with Besiktas and will earn six million euros per season.
The deal is expected to be ratified by the Besiktas board on Thursday and the Turkish side will announce the biggest signing in the club’s history.
Roberto Assis refused to confirm the Besiktas move to Brazilian reporters on Tuesday but admitted Ronaldinho is in Europe waiting to join his next club.
Besiktas are currently fourth in Turkey’s Super Lig table, 12 points behind leaders Fenerbahce.
- Updated: January 1, 2014