Roma’s Seydou Keita refused to shake Pepe’s hand, threw water bottle at Real Madrid man [Video]
Tensions were high before kick off between Roma and Real Madrid on Tuesday night in Texas, as an old feud between Seydou Keita and Pepe revealed itself in front of a worldwide audience.
Back in 2011, when Keita was a Barcelona player, the midfielder accused Pepe of calling him a monkey in an El Clasico match.
Still holding a grudge against Pepe for that alleged racist slur, Seydou Keita, now at Roma, refused to shake Pepe’s hand in the pre-match pomp, before the Malian international lost control of his anger as he threw an open water bottle straight at the Portuguese defender before the game got underway.
Pepe, for his part, reacted by smiling back at Keita, while it was left for the other players to keep the order in a tense situation.
Moreover, according to the Fox broadcast of the match, the fourth official said that Pepe spat at Keita at some point during the handshake/water bottle incident, as well.
Watch the footage above.
Watch Live Stream
- Lionel Messi believes Celtic belong in the Champions League [Daily Record]July 29, 2016
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 advert feat. Barcelona shows insane graphics and ball physics (Video)July 28, 2016
- Nutmeg: Leo Messi gave Luis Suarez the runaround in Barcelona training (Video)July 28, 2016
- How much? Barcelona confirm what they actually paid to sign Neymar from SantosJuly 28, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane gives son Enzo his Real Madrid debut v PSG (Video)July 28, 2016
- Meunier at the double as PSG ease past Real Madrid 3-1 (Videos)July 28, 2016
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang slams the media on Instagram for his supposed Real Madrid obsessionJuly 27, 2016
- Man United target Paul Pogba urges fans not to believe the newspapers (Video)July 27, 2016
- Roma and Arsenal agree €16m figure for Wojciech Szczesny loan + option to buy [Di Marzio]July 27, 2016
- Roma legend Francesco Totti slams Higuain & Pjanic for moving to Juventus [Quotes]July 26, 2016
- Edin Dzeko scores four in 15 minutes as Roma beat Pinzolo 16-0 (Official Highlights)July 13, 2016
- Chelsea submit yet another bid for Roma’s Radja Nainggolan [Sky Italia]June 27, 2016