Robin Williams’ brilliant comedy skit on football, diving & the World Cup
- August 12, 2014
Hugely sad news emerged on Tuesday morning: Legendary comedian Robin Williams has passed away, the 63-year-old was found dead in a suspected suicide at his home.
Like many of you we were stunned at the news having grown up on diet of classic comedy movies such as Mrs Doubtfire and Hook as well as Dead Poets Society and Good Will Hunting.
Williams was quite simply a comedy genius and hopefully his battle with depression will now emerge in the hope that it can help and aid others with a similar affliction.
We wanted to remember Williams at his comedic best and the clip above has already started to do the rounds.
At a Live on Broadway production in 2002, Williams discussed football, diving and the World Cup where the USA national team had just made the quarter finals.
Absolutely brilliant stuff and his observation on diving is spot on!
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...