Robin van Persie’s 93-year-old grandfather copies that header v Spain #persieing [picture]
- June 18, 2014
The picture above is starting to go viral on the world wide web.
Robin van Persie has already stated that the diving header against Spain was the best goal he has scored in a long and distinguished career.
This sparked a craze of #persieing in Holland, where pictures became common place of the flat out dive that followed connection with the ball from Daley Blind’s cross.
RVP’s 93-year-old grandfather Wim Ras was the latest to join the craze in Holland.
Ras told Omroep Brabant that van Persie’s goal against Spain was a “wonderful achievement” and described the follow through as a “happy landing.”
The grandfather of the Manchester United striker produced the #persieing pose and explained that he could still get down to do the new Dutch craze because he used to be a gymnast: “But its getting more difficult because its not a position you get into every day.”
- Dutch FA troll relentless Mexican fan after Robben’s dive inspired a year of tweets
- Leicester City make audacious move for former Holland Manager Guus Hiddink [Independent]
- Holland boss Danny Blind reveals he turned down offer to join Louis van Gaal at Man United
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- PSV’s Jetro Willems scores incredible backheel penalty in Holland training [Video]
- Outrageous Acca: Back Belgium, Italy & Holland to win at enormous 28/1 odds!!!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi