Robin van Persie taking pain killers & “purposely overtrained” by Man United [Raymond Verheijen]
Dutch fitness specialist Raymond Verheijen has been a constant critic of David Moyes ever since he arrived at Old Trafford.
In particular, Verheijen has voiced public criticism over how Moyes and the Manchester United medical staff have treated Robin van Persie.
During Manchester United’s pre-season tour of Asia and Australia, Verheijen pointed out that RVP had picked up injuries due to “overtraining-fatigue-injuries”.
On Wednesday night, Verheijen again highlighted how Moyes may be failing van Persie following the news that the Dutch striker has been given the international break to rest by Holland coach Louis van Gaal.
Officially, it was announced that RVP had withdrawn from Holland’s matches against Japan and Colombia due to toe and groin injuries.
Now Verheijen has announced that van Persie has been using pain killers in recent weeks and that Manchester United “purposely overtrained him.”
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United 3-year contract will earn him £36m [Times]May 26th, 2016
- Carlo Ancelotti accuses Man United & Arsenal owners of prioritizing money over winning [Talk...May 26th, 2016
- The full list of Official Jose Mourinho Merchandise is staggering, and ridiculous [Graphic]May 26th, 2016
- #WelcomeJose : Man United fans (and everyone) giddy with excitement as Mourinho takes over [Tweets]May 26th, 2016
- Comedian destroys Arsenal old boy Robin van Persie with Dennis Bergkamp comparison (Video)May 26th, 2016
- Turkey number one Volkan Babacan wondersave denies Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie (Video)May 10th, 2016
- Fenerbahce fan footage of glorious goal by ex Man United star Robin van Persie in 3-0 win (Video)May 1st, 2016
- Ex-Man Utd stars Nani and van Persie combine for Fenerbahce goal (Video)April 21st, 2016