- Pep Guardiola’s sarcastic applause to his medical staff after Benatia injury [Video]
- Manchester United keeper David De Gea has said ‘Yes’ to Real Madrid [Jugones]
- Liverpool train ahead of FA Cup semi-final v Aston Villa [Video]
- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Video]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
Robin van Persie taking pain killers & “purposely overtrained” by Man United [Raymond Verheijen]
- November 14, 2013
Dutch fitness specialist Raymond Verheijen has been a constant critic of David Moyes ever since he arrived at Old Trafford.
In particular, Verheijen has voiced public criticism over how Moyes and the Manchester United medical staff have treated Robin van Persie.
During Manchester United’s pre-season tour of Asia and Australia, Verheijen pointed out that RVP had picked up injuries due to “overtraining-fatigue-injuries”.
On Wednesday night, Verheijen again highlighted how Moyes may be failing van Persie following the news that the Dutch striker has been given the international break to rest by Holland coach Louis van Gaal.
Officially, it was announced that RVP had withdrawn from Holland’s matches against Japan and Colombia due to toe and groin injuries.
Now Verheijen has announced that van Persie has been using pain killers in recent weeks and that Manchester United “purposely overtrained him.”