Robin van Persie taking pain killers & “purposely overtrained” by Man United [Raymond Verheijen]
Dutch fitness specialist Raymond Verheijen has been a constant critic of David Moyes ever since he arrived at Old Trafford.
In particular, Verheijen has voiced public criticism over how Moyes and the Manchester United medical staff have treated Robin van Persie.
During Manchester United’s pre-season tour of Asia and Australia, Verheijen pointed out that RVP had picked up injuries due to “overtraining-fatigue-injuries”.
On Wednesday night, Verheijen again highlighted how Moyes may be failing van Persie following the news that the Dutch striker has been given the international break to rest by Holland coach Louis van Gaal.
Officially, it was announced that RVP had withdrawn from Holland’s matches against Japan and Colombia due to toe and groin injuries.
Now Verheijen has announced that van Persie has been using pain killers in recent weeks and that Manchester United “purposely overtrained him.”
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool’s Loris Karius is actually outperforming Man United’s David De GeaDecember 7, 2016
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil are envious of Man United’s stars (BBC Audio)December 7, 2016
- Liverpool fans will love Dirk Kuyt’s story about the stick he took from Manchester United fans (Video)December 6, 2016
- Everton had talks with Man United on Sunday about signing duo [Squawka]December 6, 2016
- Robin van Persie posts lengthy statement on Instagram after nasty eye injuryNovember 7, 2016
- Robin van Persie suffered a horrific eye injury during 3-1 Fenerbahce win (Video)November 6, 2016
- Robin van Persie got an ovation from Man United fans and Fergie after Fenerbahce goal (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he doesn’t have such good memories of Robin van Persie (Video)October 20, 2016