Robin van Persie taking pain killers & “purposely overtrained” by Man United [Raymond Verheijen]
Dutch fitness specialist Raymond Verheijen has been a constant critic of David Moyes ever since he arrived at Old Trafford.
In particular, Verheijen has voiced public criticism over how Moyes and the Manchester United medical staff have treated Robin van Persie.
During Manchester United’s pre-season tour of Asia and Australia, Verheijen pointed out that RVP had picked up injuries due to “overtraining-fatigue-injuries”.
On Wednesday night, Verheijen again highlighted how Moyes may be failing van Persie following the news that the Dutch striker has been given the international break to rest by Holland coach Louis van Gaal.
Officially, it was announced that RVP had withdrawn from Holland’s matches against Japan and Colombia due to toe and groin injuries.
Now Verheijen has announced that van Persie has been using pain killers in recent weeks and that Manchester United “purposely overtrained him.”
Watch Live Stream
- Graeme Souness: Ref bottled sending Chelsea’s David Luiz off v Man United (Video)October 23, 2016
- Manchester United fans blame Daley Blind for role in Chelsea’s first goal [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Best Tweets as Chelsea lead Man United 2-0 at Half-Time to spoil Jose Mourinho’s ReturnOctober 23, 2016
- No beef: Man United boss Jose Mourinho & Chelsea’s John Terry embrace at the BridgeOctober 23, 2016
- Robin van Persie got an ovation from Man United fans and Fergie after Fenerbahce goal (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he doesn’t have such good memories of Robin van Persie (Video)October 20, 2016
- Robin van Persie admits he could still be at Manchester United if Fergie was still there (Video)October 20, 2016
- Two kids send Robin van Persie a super sweet message before the Man United game (Video)October 20, 2016