Robin van Persie taking pain killers & “purposely overtrained” by Man United [Raymond Verheijen]
Dutch fitness specialist Raymond Verheijen has been a constant critic of David Moyes ever since he arrived at Old Trafford.
In particular, Verheijen has voiced public criticism over how Moyes and the Manchester United medical staff have treated Robin van Persie.
During Manchester United’s pre-season tour of Asia and Australia, Verheijen pointed out that RVP had picked up injuries due to “overtraining-fatigue-injuries”.
On Wednesday night, Verheijen again highlighted how Moyes may be failing van Persie following the news that the Dutch striker has been given the international break to rest by Holland coach Louis van Gaal.
Officially, it was announced that RVP had withdrawn from Holland’s matches against Japan and Colombia due to toe and groin injuries.
Now Verheijen has announced that van Persie has been using pain killers in recent weeks and that Manchester United “purposely overtrained him.”
Watch Live Stream
- Mauricio Pochettino was Man United’s first choice boss ahead of Jose Mourinho [BBC Audio]August 27, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic top FPL GW3 captain above Sergio Aguero. Mavericks pick Chelsea starAugust 27, 2016
- ‘Bad challenge’ : Man United’s Luke Shaw speaks for first time about Hector Moreno’s tackle on himAugust 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho reiterates how ‘amazing’ he thinks Marcus Rashford is, promises game time [Quotes]August 27, 2016
- Europa League draw brings Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie back to Old Trafford [Tweets]August 26, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016
- Fenerbahce’s Robin van Persie drops a hint on Twitter he’s joining LeicesterJuly 5, 2016