Robin van Persie taking pain killers & “purposely overtrained” by Man United [Raymond Verheijen]
Dutch fitness specialist Raymond Verheijen has been a constant critic of David Moyes ever since he arrived at Old Trafford.
In particular, Verheijen has voiced public criticism over how Moyes and the Manchester United medical staff have treated Robin van Persie.
During Manchester United’s pre-season tour of Asia and Australia, Verheijen pointed out that RVP had picked up injuries due to “overtraining-fatigue-injuries”.
On Wednesday night, Verheijen again highlighted how Moyes may be failing van Persie following the news that the Dutch striker has been given the international break to rest by Holland coach Louis van Gaal.
Officially, it was announced that RVP had withdrawn from Holland’s matches against Japan and Colombia due to toe and groin injuries.
Now Verheijen has announced that van Persie has been using pain killers in recent weeks and that Manchester United “purposely overtrained him.”
- Man United consider selling Marcos Rojo to Zenit after he’s fallen out with Louis...
- Thierry Henry on why he loves Arsenal v Manchester United (Video)
- Sunday Specials! Silly odds for Everton-Liverpool & Arsenal-Man United, Bayern pri...
- ‘I meant the assist’: Juan Mata talks to BeIN Sport before Man United’...
- Arjen Robben is considering legal action against Fenerbache because of this advert (Video)
- After being dumped by Man United, Robin van Persie speaks out about being benched by Fe...
- Ex Man United striker Robin Van Persie scores winner for Fenerbahce v Bursaspor (video)
- Robin van Persie loses Dutch captaincy, Arjen Robben takes over the Oranje armband