Robin van Persie taking pain killers & “purposely overtrained” by Man United [Raymond Verheijen]
Dutch fitness specialist Raymond Verheijen has been a constant critic of David Moyes ever since he arrived at Old Trafford.
In particular, Verheijen has voiced public criticism over how Moyes and the Manchester United medical staff have treated Robin van Persie.
During Manchester United’s pre-season tour of Asia and Australia, Verheijen pointed out that RVP had picked up injuries due to “overtraining-fatigue-injuries”.
On Wednesday night, Verheijen again highlighted how Moyes may be failing van Persie following the news that the Dutch striker has been given the international break to rest by Holland coach Louis van Gaal.
Officially, it was announced that RVP had withdrawn from Holland’s matches against Japan and Colombia due to toe and groin injuries.
Now Verheijen has announced that van Persie has been using pain killers in recent weeks and that Manchester United “purposely overtrained him.”
Watch Live Stream
- Who are Man United signing? Jose Mourinho with well-known Ukrainian agent Vadim Shablii [Instagram]September 30, 2016
- Man United & Real Madrid target Gelson Martins rejects a contract [Correio da Manha]September 30, 2016
- Man United midfielder named in the Europa League player of the week shortlistSeptember 30, 2016
- Man United fans don’t understand why Jose Mourinho dropped Ander Herrera (Full Time Devils Videos)September 30, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin brilliantly trolls Robin van Persie on Facebook LiveSeptember 14, 2016
- Europa League draw brings Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie back to Old Trafford [Tweets]August 26, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016