- Man United & Liverpool target Memphis Depay is eccentric & doesn’t talk to the media [Talksport Audio]
- Angry Flamengo player gives ref incredibly hard handshake after 1-0 defeat to Vasco [GIF]
- Close up footage of the tension on Barcelona’s bench during the win over Valencia [Video]
- Robin van Persie made his Man United return for the U21s v Leicester [Individual highlights]
- Russian international Ivan Novoseltsev proposes to his girlfriend on the pitch at full time [Video]
Ridiculous match-fixing! 146 goals scored in two play-off games in Nigeria; All four teams suspended
- July 9, 2013
Where to start with this story?
In the sixth tier of domestic Nigerian football, Police Machine and Plateau United Feeders were level on points going into the final game. Goal difference would decide who would be promoted if both teams won.
Both teams did win. Police Machine strolled past Bubayaro 67-0 and Plateau United Feeders ran out rather comfortable 79-0 winners over Akurba FC.
Unsurprisingly, the Nigerian authorities noticed something a little fishy and suspended all four teams and the officials in charge.
The Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) described it as a ‘scandal of huge proportions’ and warned those involved that they will be ‘dealt with severely’.
133 of the combined 146 goals were scored in the second half as both teams attempted to out-do one another in ridiculous fashion.
Their obvious match-fixing means both teams will definitely not be achieving promotion anytime soon.