Ridiculous match-fixing! 146 goals scored in two play-off games in Nigeria; All four teams suspended
- July 9, 2013
Where to start with this story?
In the sixth tier of domestic Nigerian football, Police Machine and Plateau United Feeders were level on points going into the final game. Goal difference would decide who would be promoted if both teams won.
Both teams did win. Police Machine strolled past Bubayaro 67-0 and Plateau United Feeders ran out rather comfortable 79-0 winners over Akurba FC.
Unsurprisingly, the Nigerian authorities noticed something a little fishy and suspended all four teams and the officials in charge.
The Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) described it as a ‘scandal of huge proportions’ and warned those involved that they will be ‘dealt with severely’.
133 of the combined 146 goals were scored in the second half as both teams attempted to out-do one another in ridiculous fashion.
Their obvious match-fixing means both teams will definitely not be achieving promotion anytime soon.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi