Ridiculous match-fixing! 146 goals scored in two play-off games in Nigeria; All four teams suspended
- July 9, 2013
Where to start with this story?
In the sixth tier of domestic Nigerian football, Police Machine and Plateau United Feeders were level on points going into the final game. Goal difference would decide who would be promoted if both teams won.
Both teams did win. Police Machine strolled past Bubayaro 67-0 and Plateau United Feeders ran out rather comfortable 79-0 winners over Akurba FC.
Unsurprisingly, the Nigerian authorities noticed something a little fishy and suspended all four teams and the officials in charge.
The Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) described it as a ‘scandal of huge proportions’ and warned those involved that they will be ‘dealt with severely’.
133 of the combined 146 goals were scored in the second half as both teams attempted to out-do one another in ridiculous fashion.
Their obvious match-fixing means both teams will definitely not be achieving promotion anytime soon.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...