Revealed: Stoke’s private Fantasy Premier League table
- January 8, 2013
Quite how Stoke’s private Fantasy Premier League table started doing the rounds is beyond us but this makes for interesting reading.
Tony Pulis often talks of how his squad are a tight-knit unit who like spending time together and you wonder how much of this they spend chatting Fantasy Football, like many fans across the globe.
The first and most important thing to note is that whilst Jermaine Pennant is languishing in 13th, his team name will come as no surprise: “loves pussy united.”
Pennant does not currently have Jermaine Pennant in his own side but did go for team mate Kenwyne Jones.
Unfortunately, Michael Owen couldn’t get picked for this one, or he just didn’t fancy playing but there are some intriguing choices if you delve a little deeper.
Leader Peter Crouch (team name: “Longpins longballers”) started the season with himself up front but has since been forced to transfer himself out after spending much of the campaign on the Stoke bench.
Goalkeeper Asmir Begovic surprisingly hasn’t picked himself in goal despite the fact he is currently ranked as the best goalkeeper on the game with 93 points, 11 ahead of second placed Simon Mignolet.
This also raises some questions. Do any other Premier League teams have public Fantasy Premier League teams?
And, how does this affect Stoke’s play, if your team mate is captain for a gameweek, do you pass to him when presented with a goal scoring opportunity?!
Stoke’s private Fantasy Premier League can be seen here. A screenshot of the division is below.
(Great spot via Daniel Harris.)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...