- Carlos Tevez nutmegs the keeper, gives Juve the lead v Napoli [Video]
- Manchester City stars (Aguero, Nasri) play FIFA 15, Yaya Toure refuses to pick United! [Video]
- Roma want to take Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski on loan to cover for Gervinho’s AFCON absence [Gazzetta]
- Cristiano Ronaldo (60) outscored Messi (58) in 2014, but Barça man scored more from play than Madrid rival
- Arsenal stars Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere et al thank followers after reaching 5 million milestone
Remember the name! Ianis Hagi (Gheorge’s son) scores left-footed beauty for Romania U15s v Turkey
For anyone who can remember Gheorge Hagi, nicknamed the “Maradona of the Carpathians” and a star of European football in the 1990s, as well as World Cup 1994, the goal below will surely stir some memories.
The Romanian press is understandably getting rather exited about Ianis Hagi, son of Gheorge, who scored a cracking goal for Romania Under-15s today against Turkey.
It will come as no surprise for anyone who saw Gheorge play, that Ianis scores with his left foot for Romania in a 4-3 victory.
For those of us that remember the 1994 World Cup like yesterday, you may also be interested to know that Ianis Hagi and the Romania Under-15 side are coached by none other than Florin Răducioiu.
Enjoy the Ianis Hagi goal v Turkey Under-15s below.
- Updated: November 27, 2012