- Andy Tate post Chelsea defeat: Man United will win the PL next season [video]
- Wayne Rooney: Chelsea know how to get referee on their side [video]
- Huge Odds! Back Man City to beat West Ham at 3/1 + money back if you lose!!!
- Jose Mourinho annoyed with John Terry after Chelsea 1 – Man United 0 [video]
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil celebrate Arsenal 2 – Reading 1 on Instagram
Referee sends off the wrong player on debut [Valenciennes 3 – Toulouse 0]
- August 12, 2013
The first weekend of the Ligue 1 season was a momentous occasion for 35-year-old referee Stéphane Jochem who took charge of his first top flight game between Valenciennes and Toulouse.
Eight minutes before half-time, with the score at 0-0, a right wing cross came in and Gregory Pujol was pulled back by Steeve Yago.
Jochem awarded a penalty and appeared to show Yago the red card but then sent Uros Spajic from the pitch.
After the game, Jochem blamed his fourth official for the screw up but it is likely to be the worst piece of officiating we will see in Ligue 1 during 2013/2014.
The horror officiating can be seen at 0:50 on the video below.
Before that is a picture comparison between Toulouse defenders Steeve Yago and Uros Spajic!