Referee sends off the wrong player on debut [Valenciennes 3 – Toulouse 0]
- August 12, 2013
The first weekend of the Ligue 1 season was a momentous occasion for 35-year-old referee Stéphane Jochem who took charge of his first top flight game between Valenciennes and Toulouse.
Eight minutes before half-time, with the score at 0-0, a right wing cross came in and Gregory Pujol was pulled back by Steeve Yago.
Jochem awarded a penalty and appeared to show Yago the red card but then sent Uros Spajic from the pitch.
After the game, Jochem blamed his fourth official for the screw up but it is likely to be the worst piece of officiating we will see in Ligue 1 during 2013/2014.
The horror officiating can be seen at 0:50 on the video below.
Before that is a picture comparison between Toulouse defenders Steeve Yago and Uros Spajic!
- Toulouse’s Oscar Trejo scored a brilliant solo goal v Rennes in Ligue 1 [Official...
- Toulouse defender Maxime Spano sent off 39 seconds into his Ligue 1 debut v Lille [Video]
- Toulouse wish Zlatan Ibrahimovic a Happy Birthday with funky song & presents for h...
- Former Arsenal target Serge Aurier confirms PSG move on Snapchat
- PSG make an offer for an Arsenal right-back target, player wants Gunners move [L’...
- Arsenal agree personal terms with Toulouse’s Serge Aurier ahead of £8million tran...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi