Referee sends off the wrong player on debut [Valenciennes 3 – Toulouse 0]
- August 12, 2013
The first weekend of the Ligue 1 season was a momentous occasion for 35-year-old referee Stéphane Jochem who took charge of his first top flight game between Valenciennes and Toulouse.
Eight minutes before half-time, with the score at 0-0, a right wing cross came in and Gregory Pujol was pulled back by Steeve Yago.
Jochem awarded a penalty and appeared to show Yago the red card but then sent Uros Spajic from the pitch.
After the game, Jochem blamed his fourth official for the screw up but it is likely to be the worst piece of officiating we will see in Ligue 1 during 2013/2014.
The horror officiating can be seen at 0:50 on the video below.
Before that is a picture comparison between Toulouse defenders Steeve Yago and Uros Spajic!
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...