- Cristiano Ronaldo v Lionel Messi | Battle Of The YouTube Comments [TalkSport]
- West Ham boss Sam Allardyce tells off reporter: Don’t ask me insulting questions [Video]
- Throwback Thursday! Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere scores his first Premier League goal [Video]
- Paddy McNair’s Wikipedia page briefly altered after injuring Jack Wilshere
- Arsenal team up with Citroen to prank Danny Welbeck, Santi Cazorla and Aaron Ramsey [Video]
Real Madrid close in on 13-year-old Brazilian wonderkid Luiz Henrique dos Santos
Reports emerging from Brazil today claim that La Liga leaders Real Madrid are closing in on the signing of 13-year-old Brazilian wonderkid Luiz Henrique dos Santos.
After a trial period in Spain, Dos Santos appears to have impressed the coaching staff at the Bernabeu and the move is expected to be imminent.
As is so often the way these days, Real Madrid were made aware of Luiz Henrique dos Santos from a video posted on YouTube by the boy’s father.
Amaro dos Santos said: “When I saw his talent, I bought a camera in order to help my child develop his talent. I had this idea and put it on YouTube. The people saw and now he’s here. I left employment, family and my home in Alagoas to bet on the future of my son.”
His son is nicknamed “Pety” after former Flamengo playmaker Dejan Petkovic and after the Real Madrid trial said: “I trained well. The boys there are fast and good technically. As regards the language, it is tricky, but I can understand. I think I could show my football, with boldness and joy.”
Real Madrid were somewhat fortunate to get hold of Luiz Henrique dos Santos as Real Betis were close to signing the 13-year-old but were unable to complete the deal for financial reasons.
- Updated: February 24, 2012