Real Madrid close in on 13-year-old Brazilian wonderkid Luiz Henrique dos Santos
- February 24, 2012
Reports emerging from Brazil today claim that La Liga leaders Real Madrid are closing in on the signing of 13-year-old Brazilian wonderkid Luiz Henrique dos Santos.
After a trial period in Spain, Dos Santos appears to have impressed the coaching staff at the Bernabeu and the move is expected to be imminent.
As is so often the way these days, Real Madrid were made aware of Luiz Henrique dos Santos from a video posted on YouTube by the boy’s father.
Amaro dos Santos said: “When I saw his talent, I bought a camera in order to help my child develop his talent. I had this idea and put it on YouTube. The people saw and now he’s here. I left employment, family and my home in Alagoas to bet on the future of my son.”
His son is nicknamed “Pety” after former Flamengo playmaker Dejan Petkovic and after the Real Madrid trial said: “I trained well. The boys there are fast and good technically. As regards the language, it is tricky, but I can understand. I think I could show my football, with boldness and joy.”
Real Madrid were somewhat fortunate to get hold of Luiz Henrique dos Santos as Real Betis were close to signing the 13-year-old but were unable to complete the deal for financial reasons.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi