Reading post video evidence on YouTube of Matt Kilgallon’s handball for Blackburn that went unpunished
- February 24, 2014
Reading FC are furious.
The Royals were beaten 1-0 at home by Blackburn on Saturday, however the hosts believe they were robbed after a handball by Rovers defender Matt Kilgallon went unpunished.
Blackburn survived a late penalty appeal when Adam Le Fondre looked to get a shot away from close range only to be stopped when Blackburn’s Matt Kilgallon slid in and handled the ball in the box.
Shockingly neither referee Graham Scott nor his linesman gave the decision, and Reading were left to moan. Le Fondre vented:
It’s the most blatant handball I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I don’t need to tell you it was a penalty. I’m sure pretty much everyone in the stadium saw that it was a penalty.
The ref said he didn’t see it but surely the linesman has seen it, he’s got a clear view and he must have seen him pull the ball away from me. I’m in the six yard box, so in my mind he’s denied a goalscoring opportunity.
You can’t handle the ball in the area. Those decisions make the difference and we aren’t getting them.
Now Reading have uploaded the handball incident on tehir YouTube channel with the message “the Royals were denied a clear penalty this past weekend at Madejski Stadium”.
Watch the clip below, along with match highlights from the game.
- Blackburn v Bolton: Watch a Live Stream
- Ex-Chelsea winger Damien Duff marked his debut for Shamrock Rovers with a win (Official...
- Newcastle legend Alan Shearer tells the story of how Man United tried to sign him [Video]
- Blackburn v Ipswich: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
- A Sam Gallagher stunner saw Southampton U21s beat Blackburn in the Premier League Cup f...
- Liverpool through to FA Cup semi-finals after winning at Blackburn [Official Highlights]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...