Reading post video evidence on YouTube of Matt Kilgallon’s handball for Blackburn that went unpunished
- February 24, 2014
Reading FC are furious.
The Royals were beaten 1-0 at home by Blackburn on Saturday, however the hosts believe they were robbed after a handball by Rovers defender Matt Kilgallon went unpunished.
Blackburn survived a late penalty appeal when Adam Le Fondre looked to get a shot away from close range only to be stopped when Blackburn’s Matt Kilgallon slid in and handled the ball in the box.
Shockingly neither referee Graham Scott nor his linesman gave the decision, and Reading were left to moan. Le Fondre vented:
It’s the most blatant handball I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I don’t need to tell you it was a penalty. I’m sure pretty much everyone in the stadium saw that it was a penalty.
The ref said he didn’t see it but surely the linesman has seen it, he’s got a clear view and he must have seen him pull the ball away from me. I’m in the six yard box, so in my mind he’s denied a goalscoring opportunity.
You can’t handle the ball in the area. Those decisions make the difference and we aren’t getting them.
Now Reading have uploaded the handball incident on tehir YouTube channel with the message “the Royals were denied a clear penalty this past weekend at Madejski Stadium”.
Watch the clip below, along with match highlights from the game.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...