- Radamel Falcao’s wife celebrates Man United goal at Aston Villa on Instagram
- Double scoring Memphis Depay’s incredible PSV performance v Go Ahead Eagles [Individual highlights]
- Bonkers! 1-1 at the break, Numancia score twice in injury time to draw 6-6 with Lugo [Highlights]
- Quality Arsene Wenger quote on spending money in January!
- Hartlepool’s Labour MP Iain Wright goes on Sky News to denounce plans for Ched Evans signing [Video]
Reading post video evidence on YouTube of Matt Kilgallon’s handball for Blackburn that went unpunished
Reading FC are furious.
The Royals were beaten 1-0 at home by Blackburn on Saturday, however the hosts believe they were robbed after a handball by Rovers defender Matt Kilgallon went unpunished.
Blackburn survived a late penalty appeal when Adam Le Fondre looked to get a shot away from close range only to be stopped when Blackburn’s Matt Kilgallon slid in and handled the ball in the box.
Shockingly neither referee Graham Scott nor his linesman gave the decision, and Reading were left to moan. Le Fondre vented:
It’s the most blatant handball I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I don’t need to tell you it was a penalty. I’m sure pretty much everyone in the stadium saw that it was a penalty.
The ref said he didn’t see it but surely the linesman has seen it, he’s got a clear view and he must have seen him pull the ball away from me. I’m in the six yard box, so in my mind he’s denied a goalscoring opportunity.
You can’t handle the ball in the area. Those decisions make the difference and we aren’t getting them.
Now Reading have uploaded the handball incident on tehir YouTube channel with the message “the Royals were denied a clear penalty this past weekend at Madejski Stadium”.
Watch the clip below, along with match highlights from the game.
- Updated: February 24, 2014