- Pep Guardiola’s sarcastic applause to his medical staff after Benatia injury [Video]
- Manchester United keeper David De Gea has said ‘Yes’ to Real Madrid [Jugones]
- Liverpool train ahead of FA Cup semi-final v Aston Villa [Video]
- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Video]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
Raphael Varane has gone 720 minutes without conceding a foul, his highlights v Galatasaray
- April 4, 2013
@MadridistaFacts for churning out the following, excellent stat.
19-year-old Real Madrid defender Raphaël Varane has now gone 720 minutes without conceding a single foul.
Against that impressive backdrop, the teenage French international produced another fantastic shift against Galatasaray in the Champions League.
Varane quickly found his feet against the power of Didier Drogba after the defender was shrugged off with ease by the Ivorian forward during an early Galatasaray chance.
The Madrid centre-half soon stepped up his performance and in total he chalked up a 100% pass completion record, including a handful of goal-saving interceptions and clearances.
Watch Raphael Varane’s terrific match highlights v Galatasaray below.