Radamel Falcao agrees €60m deal with Monaco [La Sexta report]
- May 9, 2013
La Sexta, a TV station in Spain, have reported one of the most incredible transfer stories for some time: Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao has agreed terms on a 60 million euro move to Monaco.
First off, it should be pointed out that La Sexta do not generally make up mad claims (according to the always awesome Sid Lowe) and this is a reliable source.
Secondly, Monaco are on the verge of promotion to Ligue 1 in France and have a fantastically rich owner in Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev.
Their low tax rate combined with huge financial resources have meant they are tipped to challenge PSG next season and many clubs in Ligue 1 are urging rules changes for a fairer system on player wages.
The rumours tonight suggest Falcao has agreed terms on a deal with Monaco for 10 million euros a season and that Monaco have triggered the Colombian’s release clause at Atletico Madrid of 60 million euros.
Amazing, if true!
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...