- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Radamel Falcao agrees €60m deal with Monaco [La Sexta report]
La Sexta, a TV station in Spain, have reported one of the most incredible transfer stories for some time: Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao has agreed terms on a 60 million euro move to Monaco.
First off, it should be pointed out that La Sexta do not generally make up mad claims (according to the always awesome Sid Lowe) and this is a reliable source.
Secondly, Monaco are on the verge of promotion to Ligue 1 in France and have a fantastically rich owner in Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev.
Their low tax rate combined with huge financial resources have meant they are tipped to challenge PSG next season and many clubs in Ligue 1 are urging rules changes for a fairer system on player wages.
The rumours tonight suggest Falcao has agreed terms on a deal with Monaco for 10 million euros a season and that Monaco have triggered the Colombian’s release clause at Atletico Madrid of 60 million euros.
Amazing, if true!
- Updated: May 9, 2013