- Manchester United fan calls for Van Gaal to sign up Radamel Falcao after Newcastle win [Video]
- Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling: ‘I shaved my head ‘cos I wasn’t scoring, so now I’m keeping this style!’ [Video]
- Real Madrid wouldn’t sell Gareth Bale ‘for €300m’, believe he can win Ballon D’Or one day [Marca]
- Bacary Sagna post West Brom 1 – Man City 3: ‘It was nearly impossible in the snow!’ [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers confirms Brad Jones has a thigh strain post-Burnley 0 – Liverpool 1 [Video]
PSG’s Edinson Cavani doesn’t want to join Man United as they’re not in the Champions League [L’Equipe]
According to French daily L’Equipe, Edinson Cavani is 99.99% sure to stay at PSG next season.
L’Equipe made their announcement in their Friday paper, noting that Cavani is also a top target for Manchester United this summer.
Despite winning Ligue 1 in his first year in France, Cavani struggled to hit the highlights at PSG in 2013-14, mainly due to his role as backup to leading man Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Often Cavani was deployed in a wide position to accommodate Zlatan playing through the centre, and when the Uruguayan did get the opportunity to play in the #9 role, for example against Chelsea in the Champions League, the striker came up short.
Yet despite paper talk linking Cavani with a move away from the Parc de Princes, L’Equipe have now consigned that chatter to the rubbish bin.
Cavani spoke with PSG owner before joining the Uruguayan national team for the World Cup, and the parties agreed that the forward will return next season.
Moreover, L’Equipe report that Man United’s attempts to sign the striker were damned by the Red Devils non-participation in the Champions League next season.
- Updated: May 30, 2014