- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
- PSV confirm they’ve had a telephone call from Man United about Memphis Depay
- Shay Given credits Tim Sherwood after FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool [Video]
PSG’s Edinson Cavani doesn’t want to join Man United as they’re not in the Champions League [L’Equipe]
- May 30, 2014
According to French daily L’Equipe, Edinson Cavani is 99.99% sure to stay at PSG next season.
L’Equipe made their announcement in their Friday paper, noting that Cavani is also a top target for Manchester United this summer.
Despite winning Ligue 1 in his first year in France, Cavani struggled to hit the highlights at PSG in 2013-14, mainly due to his role as backup to leading man Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Often Cavani was deployed in a wide position to accommodate Zlatan playing through the centre, and when the Uruguayan did get the opportunity to play in the #9 role, for example against Chelsea in the Champions League, the striker came up short.
Yet despite paper talk linking Cavani with a move away from the Parc de Princes, L’Equipe have now consigned that chatter to the rubbish bin.
Cavani spoke with PSG owner before joining the Uruguayan national team for the World Cup, and the parties agreed that the forward will return next season.
Moreover, L’Equipe report that Man United’s attempts to sign the striker were damned by the Red Devils non-participation in the Champions League next season.