Portugal squad arrive back in Lisbon amid little fanfare, Cristiano Ronaldo hails a taxi [Video]
The Portugal squad arrived back in Lisbon this morning amid little fanfare, with a small group of fans turning out to welcome home their fallen heroes.
Having finished 3rd in their group, and failing to qualify for the next round on goal difference, the apathy from the Portugal fans was perhaps to be expected, and was probably how the players themselves would have wanted it.
On arrival, Nani, Meireles et al bade farewell and went their separate ways, while Cristiano Ronaldo opted for an interesting mode of transport to get home.
The 2014 Ballon D’Or and Real Madrid star surprised onlookers by hailing a public cab, and throwing his bag in the boot like a common travaler.
Taxi for Ronaldo.
Watch Live Stream
- Leo Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo shared a bromantic moment during El Clasico (video)December 4, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo suffers more homophobic abuse from Barcelona crowd during El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- The Leo Messi-Cristiano Ronaldo handshake pre El Clasico was a little awkwardDecember 3, 2016
- Real Madrid’s locker room picture v Barcelona gets mocked by meme makersDecember 3, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane on three-man shortlist for FIFA men’s Coach of the Year awardDecember 2, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo on crying at the Euro 2016 final & how France were ‘six times’ better than Portugal [France Football]November 22, 2016
- Lip readers weren’t needed to decipher Cristiano Ronaldo’s reaction to penalty missNovember 14, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo scores two goals for Portugal (Videos)November 13, 2016