Picture: Jack Wilshere celebrates wearing the Arsenal captain armband taking a snap in his pants
- January 25, 2013
Many Arsenal fans are looking forward to the day that Jack Wilshere is their full time captain.
The 21-year-old Englishman, who recently committed his long term future to Arsene Wenger by signing a new contract with the Gunners, has longed been tipped to be Arsenal’s captain.
Currently that role belongs to defender Thomas Vermaelen, however against West Ham on Wednesday night Wilshere was handed the armband for the first time.
At 21 years and 23 days, Wilshere became the youngster every Arsenal player to be nominated captain.
Celebrating that feat, a picture Wilshere is currently whizzing around social networks as the young Englishman enjoyed his new captaincy in a pair of funky underwear.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...