- The Wealdstone Raider thanks Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan for their support [Video]
- Crazy! Alexandre Meier scores two goals in last minute to rescue point for Frankfurt in 4-4 draw! [Video]
- Cheeky! Porta [Independiente] knocks the ball past keeper, stops it on the line and backheels it in [Video]
- Nabil Bentaleb’s first Spurs goal came courtesy of a fumble from Newcastle keeper Jak Alnwick [Video]
- Openly gay footballer Robbie Rogers speaks about overwhelming support after coming out [Video]
Pictures & video: Is this the tackle that ended Abou Diaby’s Arsenal career?
With Abou Diaby ruled out for eight to nine months today, once again the finger has been pointed at Dan Smith for causing the original injury that the Arsenal midfielder has seemingly never recovered from.
The then 19-year-old midfielder broke and dislocated his right ankle after a horror tackle by Smith in the final minute of the Gunners 3-0 win at Sunderland in May 2006.
At the time Kolo Toure said of the tackle on his Arsenal team mate: “It wasnt an accident. He just came in to try and hurt the player which is really, really bad. I definitely think he went for the player and not for the ball.”
Surprisingly, despite being included in lists of the “worst tackles of all time” –
there doesn’t appear to be a video of Dan Smith’s horror challenge on Abou Diaby.
A clip of the Dan Smith challenge on Abou Diaby can be seen below.
A picture is below, followed by the incredible list of injuries Abou Diaby has suffered in recent years.
Arsene Wenger must be pulling his hair out…
- Updated: March 28, 2013