Picture: Arsenal are to unveil a new Dennis Bergkamp statue outside the Emirates
- February 27, 2013
One of Arsenal’s greatest players is to be honoured with a new statute outside the Emirates Stadium.
Dennis Bergkamp, the Dutch international who scored 87 goals for the Gunners in 315 games between 1995-2006, is to be immortalised in stone.
The statute itself looks brilliant: it captures Bergkamp’s grace and agility showing the former Arsenal number 10 controlling the ball in mid-air with a flying karate-kick.
Yet the Bergkamp statute does provoke a few negative thoughts about Arsenal’s current plight.
Much like the Thierry Henry statute already at the Emirates, it acts as a reminder to Gunners fans of the calibre of players the north Londoners used to have at the club, whilst presently such superstars are few and far between for Arsene Wenger’s current side.
A sneak peak of the Dennis Bergkamp statue can be seen below.
Below the picture, are all of Dennis Bergkamp’s goals and assists for Arsenal on 2 videos.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi