- Lionel Messi wants to leave Spain because he feels persecuted by the taxman [El Confidencial]
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino insists he has the support of Daniel Levy [Video]
- Wayne Rooney posts video of his son Kai doing cartwheels before he did the same in celebration against Slovenia
- Flashback Friday! Thierry Henry scores one of the great Premier League goals against Man United
- Arsenal post video showing why ‘Welbz’ is ‘Dat Guy’ [Video]
Picture: Arsenal are to unveil a new Dennis Bergkamp statue outside the Emirates
One of Arsenal’s greatest players is to be honoured with a new statute outside the Emirates Stadium.
Dennis Bergkamp, the Dutch international who scored 87 goals for the Gunners in 315 games between 1995-2006, is to be immortalised in stone.
The statute itself looks brilliant: it captures Bergkamp’s grace and agility showing the former Arsenal number 10 controlling the ball in mid-air with a flying karate-kick.
Yet the Bergkamp statute does provoke a few negative thoughts about Arsenal’s current plight.
Much like the Thierry Henry statute already at the Emirates, it acts as a reminder to Gunners fans of the calibre of players the north Londoners used to have at the club, whilst presently such superstars are few and far between for Arsene Wenger’s current side.
A sneak peak of the Dennis Bergkamp statue can be seen below.
Below the picture, are all of Dennis Bergkamp’s goals and assists for Arsenal on 2 videos.
- Updated: February 27, 2013