- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Picture: Arsenal are to unveil a new Dennis Bergkamp statue outside the Emirates
One of Arsenal’s greatest players is to be honoured with a new statute outside the Emirates Stadium.
Dennis Bergkamp, the Dutch international who scored 87 goals for the Gunners in 315 games between 1995-2006, is to be immortalised in stone.
The statute itself looks brilliant: it captures Bergkamp’s grace and agility showing the former Arsenal number 10 controlling the ball in mid-air with a flying karate-kick.
Yet the Bergkamp statute does provoke a few negative thoughts about Arsenal’s current plight.
Much like the Thierry Henry statute already at the Emirates, it acts as a reminder to Gunners fans of the calibre of players the north Londoners used to have at the club, whilst presently such superstars are few and far between for Arsene Wenger’s current side.
A sneak peak of the Dennis Bergkamp statue can be seen below.
Below the picture, are all of Dennis Bergkamp’s goals and assists for Arsenal on 2 videos.
- Updated: February 27, 2013