- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Pepe Reina seen telling Iker Casillas to leave Real Madrid by lip readers on Spanish TV
Spanish TV channel Cuatro have secured quite a coup from the warm-up to Spain’s 2-1 win over Belarus on Friday night.
As is now well known, Iker Casillas, who has barely played for Real Madrid in 2013, was dropped by Vicente Del Bosque in favour of Victor Valdes.
Del Bosque admitted this was down to Casillas’ lack of playing time with Diego Lopez number one at the Bernabeu.
Casillas warmed up with fellow reserve team goalkeeper Pepe Reina and a conversation between the pair was recorded and then analysed by lip readers.
It revealed that Reina urged Casillas to leave Real Madrid and that the World Cup winning captain wants to remain at the Bernabeu despite his lack of playing time.
The conversation below, translated to English by our in-house Spanish wizard Paul Morrissey, has been denied by Reina on his Twitter account but we are reliably informed that the lip reading looks close to 100% accurate.
Reina: How many could it be? 10? 12? (Games you’ll play this season)
Iker: Yeah, but in the end…. -
Reina: In the end, it’s a shitty season… Because in the end you’re going to play, at best, 10 or 12 Cup games.
Iker: ‘But to leave now…I can’t see that happening man… at least I’ll play the Cup.
Reina: The Cup! That’s embarrassing/ shameful.
- Updated: October 13, 2013