Outfield players forced in goal & make brilliant saves! Sebastien Polter (Mainz) & Angel Rangel (Swansea)
- November 4, 2013
It’s a shame neither of these fellas are English as Roy Hodgson is on the lookout for a new number one.
On Sunday in the Premier League Swansea defender Angel Rangel was forced to don the gloves after Michel Vorm was sent off.
Just a couple of hours earlier in the Bundesliga, Sebastien Polter of Mainz switched striker for goalkeeper as Christian Wetkler saw red in the 88th minute.
Both were called into action straight away, having to divert on-target free kicks away from goal.
Who made the better save? Probably Polter but some may disagree:
- Amazing gesture: Mainz offer Elkin Soto (34) a new contract minutes after gruesome inju...
- Mainz’s manager Martin Schmidt celebrated a win by touching a blonde woman’...
- Marco Reus’ sensational outside-of-the boot assist for Aubameyang in Dortmund 4 &...
- Awesome: Marco Reus has unique handshakes for different Dortmund team mates
- Goosebumps: The amazing Yellow Wall after Borussia Dortmund’s win v Mainz [videos]
- Exclusive Offer! Back Borussia Dortmund to beat Mainz at 3/1!!!!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi