Outfield players forced in goal & make brilliant saves! Sebastien Polter (Mainz) & Angel Rangel (Swansea)
It’s a shame neither of these fellas are English as Roy Hodgson is on the lookout for a new number one.
On Sunday in the Premier League Swansea defender Angel Rangel was forced to don the gloves after Michel Vorm was sent off.
Just a couple of hours earlier in the Bundesliga, Sebastien Polter of Mainz switched striker for goalkeeper as Christian Wetkler saw red in the 88th minute.
Both were called into action straight away, having to divert on-target free kicks away from goal.
Who made the better save? Probably Polter but some may disagree:
Watch Live Stream
- Mainz target an Arsenal midfielder [Allgemeine Zeitung]August 22, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund v Mainz: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-27August 20, 2016
- Liverpool lose 4-0 to Jurgen Klopp’s old team Mainz (Video Highlights)August 7, 2016
- Mainz v Liverpool: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-07August 6, 2016
- Arsenal post video of Alex Iwobi’s incredible dribbling skills v Swansea (Video)October 18, 2016
- MOTD pundits not impressed with on fire Arsenal forward Theo Walcott [Tweets]October 16, 2016
- Famous Wenger critic DT asks if Arsenal are riding their luck (video)October 15, 2016
- Granit Xhaka celebrates Arsenal win over Swansea on Instagram, no mention of red cardOctober 15, 2016