- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
It’s unanimous: Nobody on Everton’s Reddit page wants Joey Barton at their club
- Updated: July 31, 2013
The backpage of Wednesday’s Mirror details how Joey Barton is pining for a move to Roberto Martinez’s Everton.
Under the headline “Everton Forever”, the tabloid claims that “Barton’s dream to play at beloved Goodison & he’ll take a pay huge pay cut to make it happen.”
Barton, a notoriously active user on Twitter has yet to comment on the gossip, leaving the Mirror’s report as the only update on the supposed transfer story.
According to the red-top, Barton is willing to halve his wages to become a Toffee having returned to QPR after his loan spell at Marseille. Barton currently earns £70,000-a-week as his salary.
Barton, 30, has two years left on his QPR deal, had been widely reported to want to stay at Marseille next season, however his wages appeared to be an obstacle in making the move happen.
Despite having been a relative success at the Stade Velodrome last season, few Everton fans appear to be happy about the though of the midfielder joining their club.
In an active discussion of Everton’s Reddit page, users seem only too happy to express their negativity should Barton join their club, with many fans unable to forget the footballers past problems from earlier in his career.
UPDATE: Since publishing this article Joey Bareton has tweeted the following:
Once a blue…
— Joseph Barton (@Joey7Barton) July 31, 2013
The thoughts of Everton fans on Joey Barton’s proposed move to their club can be read below.