- Jason Byrne & Jamie Carragher have epic 7-minute staring contest on Soccer AM [Video]
- Alexis Sanchez uploads childhood photo, sparks debate among Chileans that he’s a fan of La U
- Better Late Than Never! Barça’s Neymar wishes Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez a Happy Birthday
- Roberto Soldado: ‘I feel ashamed when Spurs fans sing my name’
- Manchester United’s Juan Mata gives Full Time Devils a Wave
Nice manager Claude Puel confirms David Ospina has joined Arsenal
It will come as no surprise when David Ospina is officially announced as an Arsenal player.
The Colombia World Cup goalkeeper has been heavily linked with Arsenal over the last few weeks and it is understood that the Gunners have agreed a fee with Ligue 1 side Nice.
Nice coach Claude Puel told Sky Sports on Saturday afternoon that a move for Ospina was done.
Sky Sports also quote Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: “You know at the start Szczensy will be the No.1, then again we’ll be down to performances and, if Ospina shows that he is better, he will play.”
Some of the Twitter reaction on David Ospina’s imminent move to Arsenal can be seen below.
Must admit, I'd never heard of Ospina until the World Cup. His (ex) club manager says he can be Arsenal #1, describing him as 'magnifique'.
— FK (@fkhanage) July 26, 2014
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) July 26, 2014
Nice have confirmed Ospina departure to the Arsenal. Welcome @D_Ospina1 !!
— Osman (@OsmanZtheGooner) July 26, 2014
Only Gianluigi Buffon (81.1%) had a better saves to shots ratio than David Ospina (80.3%) in the top five leagues last season.
— Orbinho (@Orbinho) July 26, 2014
— Michael Bridge (@MichaelBridge_) July 26, 2014
— FourFourTweet (@FourFourTweet) July 26, 2014
note: The signings of Alexis, Debuchy, Ospina and Chambers will take Arsenal's spending to around £60m.
— Gooner Updates (@GoonerUpdates) July 26, 2014
— Sam (@samuelJayC) July 25, 2014
- Updated: July 26, 2014