Newcastle agree €10.5 million fee for Loic Remy with Marseille
- January 13, 2013
Reports have just begun circulating in France that Newcastle have signed Loic Remy from Marseille for a fee of 10.5 million euros.
BeIN Sport claim agreement on the transfer fee was reached late on Saturday night with Newcastle eager to replace Demba Ba who moved to Chelsea at the beginning of the transfer window.
Remy had been included in the Marseille squad for the Ligue 1 clash with Sochaux but is now expected to head to Newcastle to discuss personal terms.
Following the draw with Norwich on Saturday, Alan Pardew refused to reveal whether Remy was on his way to the Toon but did say the French striker would not be the only signing this January.
Pardew: “We’re pursuing not just one player but three or four and they all seem to be warming up a bit.”
Joey Barton has also confirmed the transfer on his Twitter feed.
Video footage of new Newcastle signing Loic Remy is below.
Good luck to Loic in Newcastle. Don’t worry i’ve told him what to expect. Great guy. Perfect club for him. #toonarmy
— Joseph Barton (@Joey7Barton) January 13, 2013
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...