- Mousa Dembele pulled off a great back heel pass during Spurs win over Newcastle [GIF]
- Chelsea’s Bertrand Traore scores 2 goals for Vitesse v Ajax [GIFs]
- Dat swerve! Rubén Alcaraz (L’Hospitalet) scores crazy goal v Atletico Madrid
- Marouane Fellaini talks of Man United title bid in Times interview
- Arsenal players visit Royal Free hospital, 1 kid asks to meet Liverpool stars instead!
Newcastle agree €10.5 million fee for Loic Remy with Marseille
Reports have just begun circulating in France that Newcastle have signed Loic Remy from Marseille for a fee of 10.5 million euros.
BeIN Sport claim agreement on the transfer fee was reached late on Saturday night with Newcastle eager to replace Demba Ba who moved to Chelsea at the beginning of the transfer window.
Remy had been included in the Marseille squad for the Ligue 1 clash with Sochaux but is now expected to head to Newcastle to discuss personal terms.
Following the draw with Norwich on Saturday, Alan Pardew refused to reveal whether Remy was on his way to the Toon but did say the French striker would not be the only signing this January.
Pardew: “We’re pursuing not just one player but three or four and they all seem to be warming up a bit.”
Joey Barton has also confirmed the transfer on his Twitter feed.
Video footage of new Newcastle signing Loic Remy is below.
Good luck to Loic in Newcastle. Don’t worry i’ve told him what to expect. Great guy. Perfect club for him. #toonarmy
— Joseph Barton (@Joey7Barton) January 13, 2013
- Updated: January 13, 2013