New data shows that Arsenal’s Theo Walcott is still the world’s fastest player as Arjen Robben ‘only’ ran at 31km/h
- June 17, 2014
Following Holland’s 5-1 demolition job on Spain, one of the talking points which got a lot of attention was the speed of Arjen Robben.
Robben lit up his afterburners to roast Sergio Ramos for the fourth Dutch goal, and initial reports, solidified by TV graphics, clocked the Bayern forward as travelling at a staggering 37 km/h.
That stat meant that Robben overtook Arsenal’s Theo Walcott to become the world’s fastest player, after Walcott has run the 100 meters at 35.7 km/h back in September 2013.
A couple of days later, and it’s been revealed that the Robben data was fudged.
According to FIFA’s own post match stats for the Holland-Spain game, Robben’s top sprint was ‘just’ 31.03.
See the data below which proves Arsenal’s Walcott is still the fastest footballer on the planet.
- Robin van Persie loses Dutch captaincy, Arjen Robben takes over the Oranje armband
- Arjen Robben: Thomas Muller is flattered to be linked with Man United (video)
- Arjen Robben makes Manchester United title contenders with Memphis Depay on form
- EX Chelsea star Arjen Robben wants Kevin De Bruyne to reject Manchester City [Algemeen ...
- Arjen Robben pulls out of Bayern Munich’s China tour with a muscle problem [Tweets]
- Arjen Robben answers fan questions about his future, injuries and teammates [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...