New data shows that Arsenal’s Theo Walcott is still the world’s fastest player as Arjen Robben ‘only’ ran at 31km/h
Following Holland’s 5-1 demolition job on Spain, one of the talking points which got a lot of attention was the speed of Arjen Robben.
Robben lit up his afterburners to roast Sergio Ramos for the fourth Dutch goal, and initial reports, solidified by TV graphics, clocked the Bayern forward as travelling at a staggering 37 km/h.
That stat meant that Robben overtook Arsenal’s Theo Walcott to become the world’s fastest player, after Walcott has run the 100 meters at 35.7 km/h back in September 2013.
A couple of days later, and it’s been revealed that the Robben data was fudged.
According to FIFA’s own post match stats for the Holland-Spain game, Robben’s top sprint was ‘just’ 31.03.
See the data below which proves Arsenal’s Walcott is still the fastest footballer on the planet.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumour: Arsenal linked defender fans won’t have heard of [Tweets]July 30, 2016
- Arsenal fan chases Arsene Wenger down the beach begging him to sign Riyad Mahrez (Video)July 30, 2016
- Claudio Ranieri makes a definitive statement on Arsenal target Riyad Mahrez [BeIN Sports]July 30, 2016
- Leicester ready to offer Riyad Mahrez £100k-a-week to reject Arsenal [Express]July 29, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Holland beat Austria 2-0 thanks to goals from Janssen & Wijnaldum (Video)June 5, 2016
- Stoke’s Marko Arnautovic spat at Holland defender Kenny Tete (Video)June 4, 2016
- The Dutch FA want to appoint Louis van Gaal as their new technical director [Independent]March 30, 2016