New data shows that Arsenal’s Theo Walcott is still the world’s fastest player as Arjen Robben ‘only’ ran at 31km/h
Following Holland’s 5-1 demolition job on Spain, one of the talking points which got a lot of attention was the speed of Arjen Robben.
Robben lit up his afterburners to roast Sergio Ramos for the fourth Dutch goal, and initial reports, solidified by TV graphics, clocked the Bayern forward as travelling at a staggering 37 km/h.
That stat meant that Robben overtook Arsenal’s Theo Walcott to become the world’s fastest player, after Walcott has run the 100 meters at 35.7 km/h back in September 2013.
A couple of days later, and it’s been revealed that the Robben data was fudged.
According to FIFA’s own post match stats for the Holland-Spain game, Robben’s top sprint was ‘just’ 31.03.
See the data below which proves Arsenal’s Walcott is still the fastest footballer on the planet.
Watch Live Stream
- Arjen Robben’s dream XI includes Chelsea heroes, an ex Man United striker & lots of Bayern starsNovember 28, 2016
- Bayern’s Arjen Robben awesome gesture to the PSV fans (Video)November 2, 2016
- Holland suffer injury blow: Arjen Robben ruled out of both WC QualifiersOctober 6, 2016
- Arjen Robben opens up about his injury struggles at Bayern Munich (Video)September 16, 2016
- Arsenal fan Moh slams ‘disgusting’ Chelsea over the sex abuse scandal (Video)December 10, 2016
- MOTD running order: Gary Lineker explains Arsenal & Leicester positioningDecember 10, 2016
- Mark Hughes reacted badly to a question about Aaron RamseyDecember 10, 2016
- Arsenal fans want Charlie Adam banned for stamping on Alexis SanchezDecember 10, 2016
- Holland crack joke about the leaked Van Gogh Nike shirtNovember 18, 2016
- Man United’s Memphis Depay scores brilliant free-kick for Holland (official video)November 13, 2016
- Man United’s Memohis Depay scores for Holland (official video)November 13, 2016
- Spurs striker Vincent Janssen suffered memory loss after Holland concussionNovember 10, 2016