New data shows that Arsenal’s Theo Walcott is still the world’s fastest player as Arjen Robben ‘only’ ran at 31km/h
Following Holland’s 5-1 demolition job on Spain, one of the talking points which got a lot of attention was the speed of Arjen Robben.
Robben lit up his afterburners to roast Sergio Ramos for the fourth Dutch goal, and initial reports, solidified by TV graphics, clocked the Bayern forward as travelling at a staggering 37 km/h.
That stat meant that Robben overtook Arsenal’s Theo Walcott to become the world’s fastest player, after Walcott has run the 100 meters at 35.7 km/h back in September 2013.
A couple of days later, and it’s been revealed that the Robben data was fudged.
According to FIFA’s own post match stats for the Holland-Spain game, Robben’s top sprint was ‘just’ 31.03.
See the data below which proves Arsenal’s Walcott is still the fastest footballer on the planet.
Watch Live Stream
- Holland suffer injury blow: Arjen Robben ruled out of both WC QualifiersOctober 6, 2016
- Arjen Robben opens up about his injury struggles at Bayern Munich (Video)September 16, 2016
- Bayern fans display a banner attacking Arjen Robben for his son training with 1860 MunichAugust 29, 2016
- Bayern’s Arjen Robben is out for 6 weeks with adductor injuryJuly 17, 2016
- Jack Wilshere responds to Jamie Redknapp’s prediction that he won’t return to ArsenalOctober 24, 2016
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- Three Holland players went out partying after the defeat to FranceOctober 13, 2016
- Man United fans loved Paul Pogba’s rant at Kevin Strootman [Tweets]October 11, 2016
- Spurs star gets an urgent Dutch call-upOctober 8, 2016
- Spurs striker Vincent Janssen scored a quality goal for Holland (official video)October 8, 2016