New data shows that Arsenal’s Theo Walcott is still the world’s fastest player as Arjen Robben ‘only’ ran at 31km/h
- June 17, 2014
Following Holland’s 5-1 demolition job on Spain, one of the talking points which got a lot of attention was the speed of Arjen Robben.
Robben lit up his afterburners to roast Sergio Ramos for the fourth Dutch goal, and initial reports, solidified by TV graphics, clocked the Bayern forward as travelling at a staggering 37 km/h.
That stat meant that Robben overtook Arsenal’s Theo Walcott to become the world’s fastest player, after Walcott has run the 100 meters at 35.7 km/h back in September 2013.
A couple of days later, and it’s been revealed that the Robben data was fudged.
According to FIFA’s own post match stats for the Holland-Spain game, Robben’s top sprint was ‘just’ 31.03.
See the data below which proves Arsenal’s Walcott is still the fastest footballer on the planet.
- Arjen Robben pulls out of Bayern Munich’s China tour with a muscle problem [Tweets]
- Arjen Robben answers fan questions about his future, injuries and teammates [Video]
- BBC duped by a fake report linking Bayern’s Thomas Muller & Arjen Robben to ...
- Bayern Munich stars feature in hilarious new club advert ft. Robben & Muller [Video]
- Bayern Munich plan €100 million bid for Chelsea star Eden Hazard [SportNet]
- Leo Messi, Mesut Ozil and a host of other stars feature in new Adidas advert [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi