WWE Football: Ibrahim Hazazi (Al-Ittihad) sent off for eye gouge v Al Hilal
- March 29, 2013
There was an outbreak of WWE towards the end of Al-Ittihad’s 4-2 defeat to Al Hilal in Friday’s Saudi Premier League game.
Chasing down a loose ball, Ibrahim Hazazi went in agressively on an Al Hilal player, though in real time he didn’t appear to have made much contact.
The replay shows, however, that Hazazi stuck his fingers in the the Al Hilal players’ eye, which explains his dramatic reaction, writhing around on the ground in agony and stamping his feet.
As he only booked Hazazi, one would have to assume the ref didn’t see the eye gouge, and rather presumed it was just a facepalm contact.
Though perhaps the bizarrest thing of all was that as the incident occured right before full time, Hazazi was left to walk around the pitch scott free, shaking hands with the Al Hilal players who surely hadn’t realised Hazazi had just eye gouged one of their teammates.
Here’s hoping Hazazi gets his comeuppance with a lengthy ban. An eye for an eye.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”307346″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...