Marca: Mutiny at Real Madrid as Casillas, Ramos & Alonso says it’s Mourinho or them
- January 24, 2013
Spanish daily Marca have an exclusive on the front page of their Thursday paper which will no doubt send shockwaves through Real Madrid.
According to the Madrid-based sports paper, senior Los Blancos stars Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Xabi Alonso have collectively told Real president Florentino Perez that either Jose Mourinho leaves the Santiago Bernabeu at the end of the season or they’ll quit.
The Madrid mutiny is said to have been discussed at a lunch earlier in the week.
Marca report that Perez met with Real’s Casillas and Sergio Ramos, along with general manager Jose Angel Sanchez to discuss the team’s progress on Tuesday. The lunch, however, turned into a watershed moment as Casillas and Ramos allegedly warned the owners that if the Special One isn’t shipped out of the club this summer then they would be forced to seek employment elsewhere.
So is the Marca splash true? Maybe.
But would the players actually force exits from the club if Mourinho stays? That seems far-fetched, however undoubtedly the crux of the Marca story is that Mourinho’s time is up at the Bernabeu.
We’ll watch this space.
Related link: Highlights of Valencia 1 – Real Madrid 1 (Cop Del Rey).
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi