Marca: Arsenal have NOT made a bid for Gonzalo Higuain, striker is closer to staying at Real Madrid
- July 5, 2013
Madrid based daily Marca have thrown a spanner in the works of the reports that were sweeping the internet on Thursday, claiming Gonzalo Higuain was close to making a move to Arsenal.
Today’s claims come from an impeccable source as the article is written by Marca scribe and Gonzalo Higuaín’s biographer Ulises Sánchez-Flor – but this could well be just a negotiation tactic from Real Madrid.
Real Madrid have denied any deal has been agreed for Gonzalo Higuain and with three years left on his current deal at the Bernabeu, the Argentine could remain in Spain.
Arsenal, currently the only club interested, will have to pay at least 27 million euros for Higuain and Real Madrid insist no official written offer has come in for the striker.
Marca add that Arsenal are interested in signing Higuain and Real Madrid believe Arsene Wenger’s side have had discussions with representatives of the player.
In addition, Higuain made clear at the end of 2012/2013 that he would be departing and was made captain for Real Madrid’s final game against Osasuna.
New Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti is open to holding on to Higuain and Marca say he is currently closer to staying than leaving.
This transfer saga could really drag on!
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...