- Liverpool target Xherdan Shaqiri allowed to leave Bayern Munich in January for £10m [Blick]
- Enhanced Odds! Back runaway Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich to beat Mainz at 11/4!!!
- Classic! Man City’s James Milner incredibly boring interview responses from 2004
- Bournemouth 1 – Liverpool 3: Reds set up Chelsea semifinal as Sterling shines [Official highlights]
- Incredible Barcelona-esque tiki taka football produced by Thailand against Malaysia [Video]
Marca: Arsenal have NOT made a bid for Gonzalo Higuain, striker is closer to staying at Real Madrid
Madrid based daily Marca have thrown a spanner in the works of the reports that were sweeping the internet on Thursday, claiming Gonzalo Higuain was close to making a move to Arsenal.
Today’s claims come from an impeccable source as the article is written by Marca scribe and Gonzalo Higuaín’s biographer Ulises Sánchez-Flor – but this could well be just a negotiation tactic from Real Madrid.
Real Madrid have denied any deal has been agreed for Gonzalo Higuain and with three years left on his current deal at the Bernabeu, the Argentine could remain in Spain.
Arsenal, currently the only club interested, will have to pay at least 27 million euros for Higuain and Real Madrid insist no official written offer has come in for the striker.
Marca add that Arsenal are interested in signing Higuain and Real Madrid believe Arsene Wenger’s side have had discussions with representatives of the player.
In addition, Higuain made clear at the end of 2012/2013 that he would be departing and was made captain for Real Madrid’s final game against Osasuna.
New Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti is open to holding on to Higuain and Marca say he is currently closer to staying than leaving.
This transfer saga could really drag on!
- Updated: July 5, 2013