- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
Manchester United have signed Ezequiel Garay [Marca]
The transfer of Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay to Manchester United has been rumoured for some time, at least since the January transfer window, today Marca say the deal is done.
Not always the best transfer source, Marca should have good information for this move as Garay is half owned by Real Madrid.
Manchester United have reportedly agreed a 20 million euro fee with Benfica for Garay, with Los Blancos picking up half of the payment.
According to Marca, Manchester United had been investing their time trying to secure a deal for Thiago Alcantara but will now sign Garay before turning their attentions to a new midfielder.
They do link United with PSV midfielder Kevin Strootman, who was thought to be close to signing for Roma in the coming days.
Garay, 26, should add plenty of steel to the back line at Manchester United, where David Moyes appears to have a wealth of options including Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones.
- Updated: July 15, 2013