Manchester United have signed Ezequiel Garay [Marca]
- July 15, 2013
The transfer of Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay to Manchester United has been rumoured for some time, at least since the January transfer window, today Marca say the deal is done.
Not always the best transfer source, Marca should have good information for this move as Garay is half owned by Real Madrid.
Manchester United have reportedly agreed a 20 million euro fee with Benfica for Garay, with Los Blancos picking up half of the payment.
According to Marca, Manchester United had been investing their time trying to secure a deal for Thiago Alcantara but will now sign Garay before turning their attentions to a new midfielder.
They do link United with PSV midfielder Kevin Strootman, who was thought to be close to signing for Roma in the coming days.
Garay, 26, should add plenty of steel to the back line at Manchester United, where David Moyes appears to have a wealth of options including Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...