Man United pay Ander Herrera’s €36m buy-out clause, done deal according to Cadena Ser
- June 23, 2014
Having been linked with Manchester United for over a year now, and after being the centre of some crazy last minute shenanigans last summer, it appears Ander Herrera is finally heading to Old Trafford.
Spanish radio station Cadena Ser report late on Monday night that Manchester United have paid the buy-out clause to bring Herrera to England.
This clause expires on June 30, 2014 and it appears Herrera is Louis van Gaal’s first major signing to significantly improve the Manchester United midfield.
There is little other information given by Cadena Ser, but this radio station is known as a reliable source.
In addition, Radio Bilbao and El Larguero radio station are reporting the same transfer news and expect Herrera to be announced as a Manchester United player on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old is considered one of the finest Spanish midfielders in La Liga and is a significant statement of intent by van Gaal and Manchester United.
UPDATE: AS now add to the news outlets in Spain saying Herrera is done – confirming that the midfielder’s buy-out clause jumps to 40million euros on July 1, 2014.
- Atletico Madrid post English video of Raul Garcia’s tear-fuelled farewell presser...
- Barcelona star Leo Messi produced an incredible dribble against Athletic Bilbao (Video)
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi has poor penalty saved by Athletic Bilbao keeper (Official ...
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona: Watch a Live Stream
- Barcelona 1 – Athletic Bilbao 1: Lionel Messi’s goal not enough as Bilbao w...
- Barcelona man Gerard Pique sent off v Bilbao for insulting linesman’s mother (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...