- David Baddiel on Chelsea 2 – West Brom 0: Diego Costa is AMAZING
- Matthew Etherington tells the “Naked Tony Pulis” story
- Confirmed: Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus out until January with ankle ligament rupture
- The best jokes ripping into Joe Allen’s stupid head bandage for Liverpool v Palace [Pictures]
- Donny van de Beek scores Maradona-esque solo goal for Ajax youth v AZ
Man United pay Ander Herrera’s €36m buy-out clause, done deal according to Cadena Ser
Having been linked with Manchester United for over a year now, and after being the centre of some crazy last minute shenanigans last summer, it appears Ander Herrera is finally heading to Old Trafford.
Spanish radio station Cadena Ser report late on Monday night that Manchester United have paid the buy-out clause to bring Herrera to England.
This clause expires on June 30, 2014 and it appears Herrera is Louis van Gaal’s first major signing to significantly improve the Manchester United midfield.
There is little other information given by Cadena Ser, but this radio station is known as a reliable source.
In addition, Radio Bilbao and El Larguero radio station are reporting the same transfer news and expect Herrera to be announced as a Manchester United player on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old is considered one of the finest Spanish midfielders in La Liga and is a significant statement of intent by van Gaal and Manchester United.
UPDATE: AS now add to the news outlets in Spain saying Herrera is done – confirming that the midfielder’s buy-out clause jumps to 40million euros on July 1, 2014.
- Updated: June 23, 2014