“Man United have signed Atletico Madrid central defender Miranda for €30m” [AS]
The rebuilding of Manchester United and dismantling of Atletico Madrid has already started.
AS report today that Manchester United have all but signed Atletico Madrid central defender Miranda, who was so impressive during the last season.
Miranda has already been in talks with Manchester United who are willing to pay his release clause, which is just under 30 million euros.
New Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal sees Miranda as a key component of his defence next season and Atletico can do nothing since the Premier League giants are matching his release clause.
AS add that Miranda has been to Manchester in recent weeks and has even searched for schools for his children to join in the city.
Atletico Madrid are already searching for replacements for Miranda with the main option mentioned as Eliaquim Mangala of FC Porto.
There are a couple of caveats worth pointing out to this transfer story.
Firstly, Miranda is linked heavily with Barcelona in the Catalan press today.
And, Jorge Mendes, well known at Manchester United, and agent to the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and half of the Portugal squad, represents Miranda.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumours linking Arsenal to Antoine Griezmann are lies [Arseblog]August 24, 2016
- Arsene Wenger spent summer trying to sign Antoine Griezmann, move scuppered by Chelsea [Squawka]August 23, 2016
- Man Utd fans will love Antoine Griezmann’s reason for wearing Long Sleeved Number 7August 22, 2016
- Atletico Madrid 1 – Alaves 1: Late drama as the Rojiblancos drop two points (Official Video)August 22, 2016
- Don’t ever be late for a rendez-vous with Paul Pogba (Video)August 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho calls Manchester United’s Europa League group ‘Champions League’ (Video)August 26, 2016
- Man United starlet Andreas Pereira joins Granada on a season-long loanAugust 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho trolls Bayern after saying Schweinsteiger first-team return is ‘not impossible’ (Video)August 26, 2016