- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
“Man United have signed Atletico Madrid central defender Miranda for €30m” [AS]
- May 28, 2014
The rebuilding of Manchester United and dismantling of Atletico Madrid has already started.
AS report today that Manchester United have all but signed Atletico Madrid central defender Miranda, who was so impressive during the last season.
Miranda has already been in talks with Manchester United who are willing to pay his release clause, which is just under 30 million euros.
New Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal sees Miranda as a key component of his defence next season and Atletico can do nothing since the Premier League giants are matching his release clause.
AS add that Miranda has been to Manchester in recent weeks and has even searched for schools for his children to join in the city.
Atletico Madrid are already searching for replacements for Miranda with the main option mentioned as Eliaquim Mangala of FC Porto.
There are a couple of caveats worth pointing out to this transfer story.
Firstly, Miranda is linked heavily with Barcelona in the Catalan press today.
And, Jorge Mendes, well known at Manchester United, and agent to the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and half of the Portugal squad, represents Miranda.