“Man United have signed Atletico Madrid central defender Miranda for €30m” [AS]
The rebuilding of Manchester United and dismantling of Atletico Madrid has already started.
AS report today that Manchester United have all but signed Atletico Madrid central defender Miranda, who was so impressive during the last season.
Miranda has already been in talks with Manchester United who are willing to pay his release clause, which is just under 30 million euros.
New Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal sees Miranda as a key component of his defence next season and Atletico can do nothing since the Premier League giants are matching his release clause.
AS add that Miranda has been to Manchester in recent weeks and has even searched for schools for his children to join in the city.
Atletico Madrid are already searching for replacements for Miranda with the main option mentioned as Eliaquim Mangala of FC Porto.
There are a couple of caveats worth pointing out to this transfer story.
Firstly, Miranda is linked heavily with Barcelona in the Catalan press today.
And, Jorge Mendes, well known at Manchester United, and agent to the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and half of the Portugal squad, represents Miranda.
Watch Live Stream
- Atletico Madrid are making serious money from Sergio Aguero’s success at Man CityDecember 6, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo Jr is a big fan of… Antoine GriezmannDecember 5, 2016
- Diego Simeone’s brilliant anti-Juventus Instagram post after Giovanni Simeone braceNovember 28, 2016
- Man United fans get excited as Antoine Griezmann produces another transfer hint [Telefoot]November 27, 2016
- Man United fans rage over Marouane Fellaini’s inclusion in squad for Zorya [Tweets]December 7, 2016
- Liverpool’s Loris Karius is actually outperforming Man United’s David De GeaDecember 7, 2016
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil are envious of Man United’s stars (BBC Audio)December 7, 2016
- Liverpool fans will love Dirk Kuyt’s story about the stick he took from Manchester United fans (Video)December 6, 2016