“Man United have signed Atletico Madrid central defender Miranda for €30m” [AS]
- May 28, 2014
The rebuilding of Manchester United and dismantling of Atletico Madrid has already started.
AS report today that Manchester United have all but signed Atletico Madrid central defender Miranda, who was so impressive during the last season.
Miranda has already been in talks with Manchester United who are willing to pay his release clause, which is just under 30 million euros.
New Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal sees Miranda as a key component of his defence next season and Atletico can do nothing since the Premier League giants are matching his release clause.
AS add that Miranda has been to Manchester in recent weeks and has even searched for schools for his children to join in the city.
Atletico Madrid are already searching for replacements for Miranda with the main option mentioned as Eliaquim Mangala of FC Porto.
There are a couple of caveats worth pointing out to this transfer story.
Firstly, Miranda is linked heavily with Barcelona in the Catalan press today.
And, Jorge Mendes, well known at Manchester United, and agent to the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and half of the Portugal squad, represents Miranda.
- Diego Costa says he’d love to have Arda Turan and his kebabs at Chelsea [Bugün]
- Atletico Madrid close in on Manchester United target Nicolas Gaitan [Record]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Sevilla announce agreement to sign Spurs target Yevhen Konoplyanka
- Barcelona agree €35m fee with Atletico Madrid for Arda Turan [Sport]
- Atletico Madrid legend Miranda reflects on his time at the club before Inter move [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi