- Mark Hughes worried Stoke could miss out on Europa League because of Tom Jones song
- Are you Barça in disguise? Conference side Eastleigh score tiki-taka team golazo [Video]
- Former Irish rugby star Brian O’Driscoll admits he was infatuated when he met David Beckham [Video]
- Mario Balotelli pulls off back skill and bicycle kick during Liverpool head tennis [Video]
- Rumours abound that Falcao will start for Man United against Chelsea [Tweets]
Luis Suarez on Uruguay radio: Liverpool know what I want, flattered by Arsenal & Chelsea interest
- July 9, 2013
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has given yet another interview today where he has hinted at a move away from Anfield.
Suarez’s agent Pere Guardiola (brother of Pep) was at Liverpool’s training ground Melwood on Monday where he insisted the Uruguayan striker still wanted to leave for a side that is playing in the Champions League.
The Liverpool striker has been linked with Arsenal and Chelsea in recent weeks as well as Real Madrid, who are thought to be the front runners for his signature.
To Uruguay radio station Sport 890, Suarez said: “There have been no offers yet, but Liverpool know exactly what is going on and what I want.”
He added: “My agent is in charge, he knows what I want, I am resting and relaxed. I am due back in about ten days, on the 21st of July (for the friendly with Melbourne Victory)… a phone call could change everything.”
On reported interest from fellow Premier League clubs, Suarez said: “Is good to know that I am still valued by teams like Arsenal. Friends call me up to ask if I am moving to Chelsea, to which I laugh.”
Suarez also warned: “Don’t believe everything you read or hear! I am sometimes off the grid. I don’t even know where my phone is sometimes.”
Most intriguing of all is the fact Suarez did not dismiss the links with Arsenal and Chelsea, which suggests, despite his protestations about the English media, that the Uruguayan could be willing to stay in the Premier League.
Translation above via @LBCeleste.