Luis Suarez on Uruguay radio: Liverpool know what I want, flattered by Arsenal & Chelsea interest
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has given yet another interview today where he has hinted at a move away from Anfield.
Suarez’s agent Pere Guardiola (brother of Pep) was at Liverpool’s training ground Melwood on Monday where he insisted the Uruguayan striker still wanted to leave for a side that is playing in the Champions League.
The Liverpool striker has been linked with Arsenal and Chelsea in recent weeks as well as Real Madrid, who are thought to be the front runners for his signature.
To Uruguay radio station Sport 890, Suarez said: “There have been no offers yet, but Liverpool know exactly what is going on and what I want.”
He added: “My agent is in charge, he knows what I want, I am resting and relaxed. I am due back in about ten days, on the 21st of July (for the friendly with Melbourne Victory)… a phone call could change everything.”
On reported interest from fellow Premier League clubs, Suarez said: “Is good to know that I am still valued by teams like Arsenal. Friends call me up to ask if I am moving to Chelsea, to which I laugh.”
Suarez also warned: “Don’t believe everything you read or hear! I am sometimes off the grid. I don’t even know where my phone is sometimes.”
Most intriguing of all is the fact Suarez did not dismiss the links with Arsenal and Chelsea, which suggests, despite his protestations about the English media, that the Uruguayan could be willing to stay in the Premier League.
Translation above via @LBCeleste.
Watch Live Stream
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell saves Sporting CP in the 96th minute (Video)October 22, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Jose Mourinho refuses to comment on referee’s decision not to send David Luiz off (Video)October 23, 2016
- Chelsea’s Twitter account trolls Manchester United’s Paul Pogba [Tweet]October 23, 2016
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis explains why he thinks Liverpool can win the title (Video)October 23, 2016