- Ajax thrashed at home! Vitesse win 4-0 in the KNVB Beker [Official Highlights]
- Juventus ease to 3-1 win at Cagliari [Highlights]
- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
Luis Suarez bites Otman Bakkal: The previous incident from 2010
Arguably the most intriguing line of thinking post the Luis Suarez bite on Branislav Ivanovic is that Liverpool would have to sell their Uruguayan striker as he is just too difficult to put up with.
This completely ignores Suarez’s previous biting incident which took place on November 20, 2010 during a match between Ajax and PSV.
Suarez joined Liverpool in January 2011 – if the Merseyside giants didn’t care about it then, why should they be bothered now?!
Initially, Ajax suspended Suarez for two games, before the Eredivisie extended it to encompass seven matches in total.
On that occasion, Suarez also escaped on-pitch punishment from the officials but he would only play two more matches, both in the Champions League, for Ajax before leaving for Liverpool.
At the time, Suarez blamed the incident on jet lag: “No, I do not regret what happened. Normally I always keep calm but I didn’t … I’m a little tired. This week I had to travel a lot.”
- Updated: April 21, 2013