- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Lorenzo Insigne (Pescara) produces worst miss ever contender v Gubbio
Before Lorenzo Insigne hits global infamy for one of the most impossible misses you will ever see, it is important to point out that the diminutive forward is one of Italy’s brightest talents.
Insigne, nicknamed in some quarters as “The Messi of the Adriatic,” is currently on loan at Pescara from Napoli and has banged in the goals, with his current count at 14 in 31 appearances.
His talents have also been noticed at Under-21 level where he has claimed three goals in four games for Italy’s Azzurrini.
But, Insigne’s miss on Saturday in the first half of Pescara’s 2-0 win at Gubbio was truly horrific and since he was standing on the goal line, is simply inexplicable.
So bad is the miss that it isn’t even fair to call it “a miss of the season contender,” it is a lot worse than that!
The 20-year-old showed his class later on in the match as he scored a quality second for Pescara, who move up to second in Serie B after a 2-0 away win.
Insigne wasn’t the only player in Italy to produce a shocking miss in Italy: check this Fernando Gago shocker from Roma 2 – Napoli 2.
- Updated: April 29, 2012