Lorenzo Insigne (Pescara) produces worst miss ever contender v Gubbio
- April 29, 2012
Before Lorenzo Insigne hits global infamy for one of the most impossible misses you will ever see, it is important to point out that the diminutive forward is one of Italy’s brightest talents.
Insigne, nicknamed in some quarters as “The Messi of the Adriatic,” is currently on loan at Pescara from Napoli and has banged in the goals, with his current count at 14 in 31 appearances.
His talents have also been noticed at Under-21 level where he has claimed three goals in four games for Italy’s Azzurrini.
But, Insigne’s miss on Saturday in the first half of Pescara’s 2-0 win at Gubbio was truly horrific and since he was standing on the goal line, is simply inexplicable.
So bad is the miss that it isn’t even fair to call it “a miss of the season contender,” it is a lot worse than that!
The 20-year-old showed his class later on in the match as he scored a quality second for Pescara, who move up to second in Serie B after a 2-0 away win.
Insigne wasn’t the only player in Italy to produce a shocking miss in Italy: check this Fernando Gago shocker from Roma 2 – Napoli 2.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...