Lorenzo Insigne (Pescara) produces worst miss ever contender v Gubbio
- April 29, 2012
Before Lorenzo Insigne hits global infamy for one of the most impossible misses you will ever see, it is important to point out that the diminutive forward is one of Italy’s brightest talents.
Insigne, nicknamed in some quarters as “The Messi of the Adriatic,” is currently on loan at Pescara from Napoli and has banged in the goals, with his current count at 14 in 31 appearances.
His talents have also been noticed at Under-21 level where he has claimed three goals in four games for Italy’s Azzurrini.
But, Insigne’s miss on Saturday in the first half of Pescara’s 2-0 win at Gubbio was truly horrific and since he was standing on the goal line, is simply inexplicable.
So bad is the miss that it isn’t even fair to call it “a miss of the season contender,” it is a lot worse than that!
The 20-year-old showed his class later on in the match as he scored a quality second for Pescara, who move up to second in Serie B after a 2-0 away win.
Insigne wasn’t the only player in Italy to produce a shocking miss in Italy: check this Fernando Gago shocker from Roma 2 – Napoli 2.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]