- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
LOLZ! Dutch referee Serdar Gözübüyük cautions Groningen coach Robert Maaskant with his ‘Respect’ armband
Did Serdar Gözübüyük make a good point, or rather did he make a spectacle out of himself?
A bizarre moment played out on Saturday in the Dutch Eredivisie as referee Gözübüyük showed a ‘blue card’ to Groningen coach Robert Maaskant.
Upset with the behaviour of the FC Groningen manager on the touchline in the match against VVV Venlo, Gözübüyük held up the play as he marched over to the sidelines where he removed his ‘Respect’ armband and promptly held up aloft with both his hands.
The gesture was made right in front of the Groningen coach, and the man in black was able to humiliate the 43-year-old coach by treating him like a child.
Watch ref Gözübüyük caution Robert Maaskant with his ‘Respect’ armband below.
- Updated: December 15, 2012