Liverpool sign Benfica’s Lazar Markovic for €25m on a 5-year deal, Reds insert €45m release clause [Pictures]
Were Liverpool to not sign Benfica’s Lazar Markovic now, there would be some explaining to do at Anfield.
To recap, on Sunday rumours started bubbling up in Iberia concerning a possible move by Liverpool for 20-year-old Serbian attacking midfielder Markovic.
As the weekend progressed the rumours increased, while on Sunday night journalists with their ears to the ground were reporting Liverpool had got their man for 25 million euros.
Those reports have since been backed up in the fifth estate on Monday morning, as A Bola, O Jogo and Record – Portugal’s three leading papers – all have the Markovic to Anfield story on their front pages.
According to A Bola, Markovic has penned a five year deal with the Reds, whilst the new contract has placed a €45 million release clause in the deal.
Interestingly, as Benfica only owned 50% of Markovic’s rights, the Eagles will only receive €12.5m in the deal.
See how the Portuguese press are confirming Liverpool are set to sign Benfica’s Lazar Markovic below.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola went undercover to watch Benfica’s Alex GrimaldoSeptember 21, 2016
- Benfica v Braga: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-19September 16, 2016
- Anderson Talisca’s wife Anna Paula Ramos reveals racist abuse from Benfica fansSeptember 14, 2016
- Ricardo Quaresma and Besiktas were ecstatic to get Benfica in the UCL draw [Instagram]August 26, 2016
- Swansea v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 29, 2016
- Mino Raiola explained to Nice why they shouldn’t sign Mario Balotelli from LiverpoolSeptember 29, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho handed lifeline by Jurgen Klopp with under-23 chanceSeptember 28, 2016
- Liverpool’s Sadio Mane wins a Premier League awardSeptember 28, 2016