Liverpool sign Benfica’s Lazar Markovic for €25m on a 5-year deal, Reds insert €45m release clause [Pictures]
- July 7, 2014
Were Liverpool to not sign Benfica’s Lazar Markovic now, there would be some explaining to do at Anfield.
To recap, on Sunday rumours started bubbling up in Iberia concerning a possible move by Liverpool for 20-year-old Serbian attacking midfielder Markovic.
As the weekend progressed the rumours increased, while on Sunday night journalists with their ears to the ground were reporting Liverpool had got their man for 25 million euros.
Those reports have since been backed up in the fifth estate on Monday morning, as A Bola, O Jogo and Record – Portugal’s three leading papers – all have the Markovic to Anfield story on their front pages.
According to A Bola, Markovic has penned a five year deal with the Reds, whilst the new contract has placed a €45 million release clause in the deal.
Interestingly, as Benfica only owned 50% of Markovic’s rights, the Eagles will only receive €12.5m in the deal.
See how the Portuguese press are confirming Liverpool are set to sign Benfica’s Lazar Markovic below.
- Benfica fan asks Man United target Nico Gaitan to stay at the club. He replies “w...
- Hero: Luisao stopped the Benfica team bus to give an 11 year old fan his shirt [Instagram]
- Benfica 2 – PSG 3: Goals from Lucas Moura & Lucas Digne sealed the Parisians...
- Benfica v PSG: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Rafael’s agent confirms Man United & Benfica are negotiating over Nico Gaita...
- Man United restart talks with Benfica for Nico Gaitan. Offer cash plus Chicharito [A Bola]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi