Liverpool sign Benfica’s Lazar Markovic for €25m on a 5-year deal, Reds insert €45m release clause [Pictures]
Were Liverpool to not sign Benfica’s Lazar Markovic now, there would be some explaining to do at Anfield.
To recap, on Sunday rumours started bubbling up in Iberia concerning a possible move by Liverpool for 20-year-old Serbian attacking midfielder Markovic.
As the weekend progressed the rumours increased, while on Sunday night journalists with their ears to the ground were reporting Liverpool had got their man for 25 million euros.
Those reports have since been backed up in the fifth estate on Monday morning, as A Bola, O Jogo and Record – Portugal’s three leading papers – all have the Markovic to Anfield story on their front pages.
According to A Bola, Markovic has penned a five year deal with the Reds, whilst the new contract has placed a €45 million release clause in the deal.
Interestingly, as Benfica only owned 50% of Markovic’s rights, the Eagles will only receive €12.5m in the deal.
See how the Portuguese press are confirming Liverpool are set to sign Benfica’s Lazar Markovic below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal continue to scout a Benfica teenage striker [O Jogo]August 21, 2016
- Wonderkid Andre Horta bags amazing solo goal on Benfica league debut v Tondela (Video)August 14, 2016
- Liverpool to miss out on Benfica’s Anderson Talisca as he heads to the Championship [A Bola]July 27, 2016
- Barcelona approached Benfica about their top striker [Globo]July 24, 2016
- Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is ‘unhappy’ [Times]August 25, 2016
- All of Jordan Henderson’s mistakes for Liverpool v Burton Albion (Video)August 24, 2016
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Mario Balotelli tipped to leave Liverpool to move to Ligue 1 [France Football]August 24, 2016