Liverpool sign Benfica’s Lazar Markovic for €25m on a 5-year deal, Reds insert €45m release clause [Pictures]
Were Liverpool to not sign Benfica’s Lazar Markovic now, there would be some explaining to do at Anfield.
To recap, on Sunday rumours started bubbling up in Iberia concerning a possible move by Liverpool for 20-year-old Serbian attacking midfielder Markovic.
As the weekend progressed the rumours increased, while on Sunday night journalists with their ears to the ground were reporting Liverpool had got their man for 25 million euros.
Those reports have since been backed up in the fifth estate on Monday morning, as A Bola, O Jogo and Record – Portugal’s three leading papers – all have the Markovic to Anfield story on their front pages.
According to A Bola, Markovic has penned a five year deal with the Reds, whilst the new contract has placed a €45 million release clause in the deal.
Interestingly, as Benfica only owned 50% of Markovic’s rights, the Eagles will only receive €12.5m in the deal.
See how the Portuguese press are confirming Liverpool are set to sign Benfica’s Lazar Markovic below.
Watch Live Stream
- Benfica v Sporting: Watch the Primeira Liga Lisbon derbyDecember 11, 2016
- Man United confirmed to be in the driving seat to sign Benfica defender Victor Lindelof [Fotbollskanalen]November 29, 2016
- Another Swede tipped to join Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Man United [O Jogo]November 27, 2016
- Unreal: Ricardo Quaresma (Besiktas) bags amazing 89th minute rabona assist v Benfica (Video)November 23, 2016
- Did Simon Mignolet troll Loris Karius on Instagram? Cryptic post pre-West HamDecember 11, 2016
- Revealed: Roberto Firmino will earn huge money if he scores for Liverpool v West HamDecember 11, 2016
- Leading Sunday broadsheet link West Ham with signing a Liverpool star in JanuaryDecember 10, 2016
- Liverpool v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016