- Incredibly wet conditions cause hilarious fail during Montpellier’s clash with Caen [Vine]
- Brendan Rodgers describes Steven Gerrard’s performance v Aston Villa as ‘excellent’ [Video]
- Man United target Memphis Depay uploads video singing with the fans at PSV’s title parade
- Mauricio Pochettino hails fantastic Harry Kane after netting in 3-1 Spurs win v Newcastle [Video]
- Nicolas Isimat-Mirin shows off his MCing skills with crowd-pleasing at PSV’s champions parade [Video]
Liverpool offer 3-year-deal to 15-year-old Brazilian William McLaren, tipped as the “new Neymar”
- July 24, 2012
News broke in Brazil over the weekend that Liverpool have offered a contract to 15-year-old Brazilian William McLaren, predictably tipped as the “new Neymar,” which should get pulses racing on Merseyside.
Arguably the best aspect of this story is that the real name of the Liverpool-bound 15-year-old is William Oliveira Souza, but in true Brazilian style he has been nicknamed William McLaren due to his speed along the ground.
He confirmed his deal with Liverpool in the Brazilian media, with the following quotes: “A representative from Liverpool watched me play. He liked me and offered me a contract. Other clubs like Manchester, Chelsea and Arsenal were also interested.”
McLaren is expected to join up with Liverpool this coming weekend and Brendan Rodgers has offered a three-year-deal to an attacking youngster that has also undergone trials at Sao Paulo.
The 15-year-old secured a trial at Sao Paulo thanks to an online competition called Pnera, where young players submit videos of themselves.
Liverpool scouts are believed to have also watched the Pnera video which attracted them to McLaren who has been compared to Neymar due to his speed and trickery.
The video that attracted Liverpool to offer William McLaren a three-year-deal can be seen here:
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”205216″]