- Man United may move for Wesley Sneijder after he was dropped by Galatasaray [Star]
- All the Lionel Messi Champions League records broken by hat-trick v APOEL
- Welling’s Harry Beautyman was subjected to a horrific set of fouls from Halifax players [Video]
- The world’s papers hail Lionel Messi after he becomes the all-time Champions League top scorer
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere out for a minimum of 12 weeks, possibly four months [Sun & Mirror]
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers not too optimistic on Konoplyanka deal due to ‘complications’ [Video]
With Liverpool MD Ian Ayre in Ukraine busy trying to thrash out a deal for Dnipro’s Yevhen Konoplyanka, back on Merseyside manager Brendan Rodgers is trying to make sense of what he’s hearing.
With a deal believed to be already agreed between the two clubs, some stumbling blocks have now appeared with several agents claiming commission for Konoplyanka.
Without wanting to divulge those complications, Rodgers preferred to plead the Fifth, and instead simply explained in his presser that there are some issues with the time constraints, while keeping his cards very close to his chest.
Watch Rodgers talk about the complicated Konoplyanka deal on the clip below.
- Updated: January 31, 2014