Liverpool’s Luis Suarez has the best strike rate in Europe ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo & Lionel Messi [Graphic]
In what feels like bad news for the England football team later this summer, Liverpool and Uruguayan international striker Luis Suarez now has the best official strike rate in European football.
Following Liverpool’s 4-0 win over Spurs in which Suarez bagged a brace, the Reds #7 has now moved to 29 league goals in just 27 games.
With a goal every 0.93 games, Suarez now leads the charts for the best strike rate in European football. Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona’s Lionel Messi come in second and third.
Of the top six strikers, the least well known name is that of 25-year-old Icelandic international Alfred Finnbogason, who plays his football in Holland with Heerenveen. Finnbogason has scored an impressive 25 goals in the Eredivisie already this year, following a 24-goal haul in 2012-13.
Footage of Alfred Finnbogason in action can be seen below.
- Cristiano Ronaldo promises to run more in clear-the-air talks with Rafa Benitez [Mail]
- Cristiano Ronaldo gets a brand new wife & kids in a new Portuguese advert (Video)
- Real Madrid legend attacks Barca’s Dani Alves on TV for his Cristiano Ronaldo comments (Video)
- Sir Alex Ferguson is on a mission to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Man United [Marca]
- Was he sick? Leo Messi popped a pill during Barcelona’s win over Roma (Video)
- Is Barcelona’s MSN the greatest strike force ever? Many people believe so [Tweets]
- Leo Messi’s golazo for Barcelona v Roma broke a record in this season’s Champions Lea...
- Leo Messi finishes a stunning Barcelona attack with a chipped golazo v Roma (Official Video)
- Jurgen Klopp joked about boss tha in pre Liverpool v Bordeaux presser (Video)
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists Daniel Sturridge is ‘closer’ to return (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- 442oons: Jurgen Klopp goes heavy metal after Man City 1-4 Liverpool (video)