Liverpool’s Luis Suarez has the best strike rate in Europe ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo & Lionel Messi [Graphic]
- March 31, 2014
In what feels like bad news for the England football team later this summer, Liverpool and Uruguayan international striker Luis Suarez now has the best official strike rate in European football.
Following Liverpool’s 4-0 win over Spurs in which Suarez bagged a brace, the Reds #7 has now moved to 29 league goals in just 27 games.
With a goal every 0.93 games, Suarez now leads the charts for the best strike rate in European football. Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona’s Lionel Messi come in second and third.
Of the top six strikers, the least well known name is that of 25-year-old Icelandic international Alfred Finnbogason, who plays his football in Holland with Heerenveen. Finnbogason has scored an impressive 25 goals in the Eredivisie already this year, following a 24-goal haul in 2012-13.
Footage of Alfred Finnbogason in action can be seen below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...