Liverpool’s Luis Suarez has the best strike rate in Europe ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo & Lionel Messi [Graphic]
- March 31, 2014
In what feels like bad news for the England football team later this summer, Liverpool and Uruguayan international striker Luis Suarez now has the best official strike rate in European football.
Following Liverpool’s 4-0 win over Spurs in which Suarez bagged a brace, the Reds #7 has now moved to 29 league goals in just 27 games.
With a goal every 0.93 games, Suarez now leads the charts for the best strike rate in European football. Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona’s Lionel Messi come in second and third.
Of the top six strikers, the least well known name is that of 25-year-old Icelandic international Alfred Finnbogason, who plays his football in Holland with Heerenveen. Finnbogason has scored an impressive 25 goals in the Eredivisie already this year, following a 24-goal haul in 2012-13.
Footage of Alfred Finnbogason in action can be seen below.
- “FIFA? I don’t give a f***” – Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of i...
- Cristiano Ronaldo is giving agent Jorge Mendes a €50m Greek island as a wedding present...
- Cristiano Ronaldo flirted with model Aline Lima on Instagram. She turned him down as sh...
- Taconazo: Cristiano Ronaldo produced wonderful No-Look- Back-Heel v Milan (Video)
- Mesut Özil compares Cristiano Ronaldo with Arsenal’s star man – in English ...
- Besiktas striker Mario Gomez gives fantastic response on Messi v Ronaldo debate (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi