Liverpool’s Luis Suarez has the best strike rate in Europe ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo & Lionel Messi [Graphic]
- March 31, 2014
In what feels like bad news for the England football team later this summer, Liverpool and Uruguayan international striker Luis Suarez now has the best official strike rate in European football.
Following Liverpool’s 4-0 win over Spurs in which Suarez bagged a brace, the Reds #7 has now moved to 29 league goals in just 27 games.
With a goal every 0.93 games, Suarez now leads the charts for the best strike rate in European football. Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona’s Lionel Messi come in second and third.
Of the top six strikers, the least well known name is that of 25-year-old Icelandic international Alfred Finnbogason, who plays his football in Holland with Heerenveen. Finnbogason has scored an impressive 25 goals in the Eredivisie already this year, following a 24-goal haul in 2012-13.
Footage of Alfred Finnbogason in action can be seen below.
- Tsunami survivor Martunis hangs out with his hero Cristiano Ronaldo at Portugal trainin...
- Cristiano Ronaldo pays €30,000 for Wax Statue of himself
- The Sun stitch up Cristiano Ronaldo, Brazilian woman claims she had affair when he was ...
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals his greatest fear [Libero Interview]
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi inadvertently photobombing Cristiano Ronaldo goes viral (Picture)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...