- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
- The best jokes as 3 pitch invaders halt Spurs v Partizan
- 3 pitch invaders at Spurs v Partizan were advertising BassBuds headphones
- Pitch invader at Spurs-Partizan takes Selfies with Naughton & Vertonghen [Fan footage]
Liverpool bid €9m for 21-year-old Verona midfielder Jorginho [Sport Italia]
Widespread reports in Italy on Sunday suggest Liverpool have made a 9 million euro offer for Verona’s Brazilian midfielder Jorginho.
Sport Italia journalist Alfredo Padulla was the first with the information who claimed on his personal website that Verona had received the Liverpool bid of 8 million pounds, just over 9 million euros on Sunday morning.
A swift sale of Jorginho is expected in the coming days, with only AC Milan challenging Liverpool for the signature of the attacking midfielder.
At just 21, Jorginho has become an integral part of the Verona side over the last couple of seasons racking up plenty of minutes.
Jorginho was key to Verona’s promotion to Serie A last season and is a midfielder that can play as both a deep lying playmaker or further forward, creating from either wing.
With suggestions that Liverpool have been beaten to Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan by Borussia Dortmund, perhaps Jorginho will be the attacking midfielder Brendan Rodgers is looking for.
- Updated: July 7, 2013