- Everton want to take Adnan Januzaj on loan from Man United this winter [People]
- Inter on the verge of a 6 month loan deal for Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski, will cost €1-2m [Gazzetta]
- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
Liverpool bid €9m for 21-year-old Verona midfielder Jorginho [Sport Italia]
Widespread reports in Italy on Sunday suggest Liverpool have made a 9 million euro offer for Verona’s Brazilian midfielder Jorginho.
Sport Italia journalist Alfredo Padulla was the first with the information who claimed on his personal website that Verona had received the Liverpool bid of 8 million pounds, just over 9 million euros on Sunday morning.
A swift sale of Jorginho is expected in the coming days, with only AC Milan challenging Liverpool for the signature of the attacking midfielder.
At just 21, Jorginho has become an integral part of the Verona side over the last couple of seasons racking up plenty of minutes.
Jorginho was key to Verona’s promotion to Serie A last season and is a midfielder that can play as both a deep lying playmaker or further forward, creating from either wing.
With suggestions that Liverpool have been beaten to Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan by Borussia Dortmund, perhaps Jorginho will be the attacking midfielder Brendan Rodgers is looking for.
- Updated: July 7, 2013