L’Equipe report Marouane Fellaini will join Chelsea for €27m this week
- January 9, 2013
French newspaper L’Equipe get a lot right when it comes to transfers and in recent times have been especially spot on with Chelsea’s ins and outs.
L’Equipe were the first to report on Eden Hazard arriving at Stamford Bridge and also César Azpilicueta joining from Marseille, which means the report that appeared early this evening on their website, could well be true.
And, it would be a major transfer in the Premier League, one Everton fans will fear and Chelsea supporters will crave, especially after their shock 2-0 home defeat to Swansea in the Capital One Cup semi-final first leg piled on the pressure on interim boss Rafa Benitez.
According to L’Equipe, Frank Lampard may well leave this January, as Marouane Fellaini will sign for Chelsea this week.
The Blues will pay Everton a mammoth fee of 27 million euros and the Belgian midfielder-cum-striker will be paid five million euros a season on a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge.
Reports have been floating around the English press for days around such a move, but none with this certainty. L’Equipe add that Manchester United are keen on Fellaini but lack the resources to compete with a mega offer from Roman Abramovich.
Losing Fellaini would be a major blow to Everton boss David Moyes but there have been suggestions that the afro-haired Belgian midfielder has a buyout clause in his contract at Goodison Park, believed to be more than 22 million pounds.
This would be seen as a coup for Chelsea though, who would be making another major step to rebuilding after their Champions League exit earlier this campaign.
A compilation of Marouane Fellaini in action can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...