L’Equipe: Chelsea will move for Stephane Mbia when QPR sign Yann M’Vila
- January 13, 2013
As ever L’Equipe splash with some transfer speculation/news/gossip/rubbish before any of the English papers and this rumour makes interesting reading for fans of two clubs in west London.
QPR are closing in on Yann M’Vila, the French defensive midfielder who has been linked to a number of big clubs in England, was watched last night by Harry Redknapp during a 2-0 home defeat to Bordeaux.
If QPR bring in M’Vila, they will then look to take off a big salary from their squad and will be looking to offload Stephane Mbia who joined Rangers in the summer.
Chelsea are reportedly interested in Mbia and discussions have taken place between the two sides before their recent meeting in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge.
L’Equipe suggest Mbia would “add muscle” to the Chelsea midfield and it does cast doubt on John Ob Mikel’s role at the club under interim boss Rafa Benitez.
It seems unlikely that Chelsea, the European champions after all, would be interested in a player that has failed to impress so far in England, but L’Equipe are often quicker to these stories than the English media.
And, with Harry “don’t call me a wheeler dealer” Redknapp in charge at QPR, there could be a lot of ins and outs.
Arguably Stephane Mbia’s highlight of his time in England so far is on the video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...