- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
- David De Gea has turned down Real Madrid, set to sign new 5-year Man United contract [Express]
- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres could move to Atletico Madrid on loan in January [Chiringuito]
L’Equipe: Chelsea will move for Stephane Mbia when QPR sign Yann M’Vila
As ever L’Equipe splash with some transfer speculation/news/gossip/rubbish before any of the English papers and this rumour makes interesting reading for fans of two clubs in west London.
QPR are closing in on Yann M’Vila, the French defensive midfielder who has been linked to a number of big clubs in England, was watched last night by Harry Redknapp during a 2-0 home defeat to Bordeaux.
If QPR bring in M’Vila, they will then look to take off a big salary from their squad and will be looking to offload Stephane Mbia who joined Rangers in the summer.
Chelsea are reportedly interested in Mbia and discussions have taken place between the two sides before their recent meeting in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge.
L’Equipe suggest Mbia would “add muscle” to the Chelsea midfield and it does cast doubt on John Ob Mikel’s role at the club under interim boss Rafa Benitez.
It seems unlikely that Chelsea, the European champions after all, would be interested in a player that has failed to impress so far in England, but L’Equipe are often quicker to these stories than the English media.
And, with Harry “don’t call me a wheeler dealer” Redknapp in charge at QPR, there could be a lot of ins and outs.
Arguably Stephane Mbia’s highlight of his time in England so far is on the video below.
- Updated: January 13, 2013