Legendary! Javier Zanetti’s epic 110th minute run (Inter 3 – Bologna 2)
- January 16, 2013
Javier Zanetti is a legend. Plain and simple.
Yet again, on Tuesday night, the Argentine showed incredible powers of stamina during Inter Milan’s 3-2 win over Bologna in the Coppa Italia.
For those that missed it, this Coppa Italia quarter final was an excellent match. The Nerazzurri cruised into a 2-0 lead thanks to fine goals from Fredy Guarin and Rodrigo Palacio before Bologna launched a stunning comeback with two goals in the final ten minutes.
Alessandro Diamanti claimed a third Golazo of the game – making the highlights an absolute must watch if you missed it.
Besides three fine goals there was a brilliant moment in extra time, once again showcasing how brilliant Javier Zanetti is.
At 39 years-old, Zanetti outran many of his team mates and competitors during a gruelling extra time played out on an energy sapping San Siro pitch.
The run below deserved a goal. Legendary!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi