- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
- PSV confirm they’ve had a telephone call from Man United about Memphis Depay
- Shay Given credits Tim Sherwood after FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool [Video]
- Pellegrini glad to see his Manchester City side bounce back with win over West Ham [Video]
Legendary! Javier Zanetti’s epic 110th minute run (Inter 3 – Bologna 2)
- January 16, 2013
Javier Zanetti is a legend. Plain and simple.
Yet again, on Tuesday night, the Argentine showed incredible powers of stamina during Inter Milan’s 3-2 win over Bologna in the Coppa Italia.
For those that missed it, this Coppa Italia quarter final was an excellent match. The Nerazzurri cruised into a 2-0 lead thanks to fine goals from Fredy Guarin and Rodrigo Palacio before Bologna launched a stunning comeback with two goals in the final ten minutes.
Alessandro Diamanti claimed a third Golazo of the game – making the highlights an absolute must watch if you missed it.
Besides three fine goals there was a brilliant moment in extra time, once again showcasing how brilliant Javier Zanetti is.
At 39 years-old, Zanetti outran many of his team mates and competitors during a gruelling extra time played out on an energy sapping San Siro pitch.
The run below deserved a goal. Legendary!