Leaked! Pictures emerge of Rafa Benitez’s tactical plans for Chelsea defeat to Corinthians
- December 18, 2012
Brazilian website Globoesporte went snooping in Chelsea’s dressing room on Sunday, after their 1-0 Club World Cup final defeat to Corinthians in Yokohama’s Nissan Stadium.
Journalists of one of the most famous websites in Brazil entered the Chelsea changing room and filtered some of Rafa Benitez’s tactical sheets from the rubbish (see picture left), which will likely be fascinating for students of the game and those that take a keen interest in how the Spaniard sets his team up.
Benitez paid clear attention to Corinthians’ propensity to counter attack and provided detailed marking plans for his Chelsea side at set pieces.
Each Chelsea defender knew who he had to mark at corners and the pictures of the players on the tactical notes gives them somewhat of a surreal look.
Slightly curious, is the fact that Benitez abbreviated the name of the eventual match winner Paolo Guerrero to just “Guerro”.
There will also likely be much debate over Benitez’s use of “Lamps” for Frank Lampard, with the rest of the Chelsea side mentioned by surname, apart from David Luiz, whose first name is used.
Incredibly, this is not the first time Chelsea’s tactical plans have been leaked in the past year, with Andre Villas-Boas’ starting line-up revealed before the away match with Napoli in the Champions League last season.
All the pictures from inside Chelsea’s dressing room, found by Globoesporte, after defeat to Corinthians can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi