Leaked! Chelsea’s official scouting report on Wigan
- February 11, 2013
Someone at Chelsea really needs to look after their official documents better than they are currently.
In December, we showed you Chelsea’s scouting plans for their Club World Cup final defeat to Corinthians and today the Daily Mail have leaked Rafa Benitez’s tactical dossier for Saturday’s 4-1 victory over Wigan.
Put together by Chelsea’s first-team opposition analyst Xavi Valero in preparation of a team meeting on Friday, the dossier on Wigan will make for particularly grim reading when Roberto Martinez or any Latics fans get a look at it.
Arouna Kone was highlighted as Wigan’s key man and Valero highlighted the fact that the Latics would come to Stamford Bridge “believing they can get a good result.”
They were however considered “very poor defensively” and some of the defenders’ assessments are particularly harsh although judging by Wigan’s league position and Chelsea’s easy win, not inaccurate.
On Gary Caldwell, the Chelsea scouting report says “rash when it comes to tackling… very slow when turning (run at him!)”
And, Chelsea’s detailed report says Wigan “lack quality defenders” and the opposition can “kill them.”
The Chelsea scouting dossier also included an Expected Line Up which was correct for all but one player and Valero was spot on that Wigan would use a 3-5-2 system.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]