Juventus set to sign 18-year-old Brazilian defender Doria from Botafogo
- December 25, 2012
“The deal is well advanced. All should be resolved in the first or second week of January. Juventus know what Botafogo want and we are working out a deal that will leave everyone happy.” – Doria’s agent Jolden Vergette.
For an 18-year-old that has played just 18 times for Botafogo’s first team in Brazil’s top flight, this is a major surprise transfer.
Doria will move to The Old Lady for a reported $10 million fee, which goes to show just how well the centre back did in the second half of the season with Botafogo.
Juventus are poised to announce the signing of Doria at the start of the January 2013 transfer window having tracked the Brazil Under-20 defender since he broke into the Botafogo first team.
An initial bid in November was rejected by Botafogo but the Brazilian side always seemed willing to let the youngster leave if their price demands were met.
The actual arrival of Doria at Juventus could be held up by a few weeks as Doria is currently training with the Brazil Under-20 squad set to compete in the South American Cup in January in Argentina.
Footage of Doria in action can be seen on the video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi