- Rumours abound that Falcao will start for Man United against Chelsea [Tweets]
- Thibaut Courtois has achieved a lot in his career since his debut six years ago
- This graphic shows Louis van Gaal’s stunning influence over top level European football
- Louis van Gaal says that both Jose Mourinho and him live to win titles [Video]
- Gent attacker Nicklas Pedersen hit a sensational volley versus Standard Liege [GIF]
Juventus set to sign 18-year-old Brazilian defender Doria from Botafogo
- December 25, 2012
“The deal is well advanced. All should be resolved in the first or second week of January. Juventus know what Botafogo want and we are working out a deal that will leave everyone happy.” – Doria’s agent Jolden Vergette.
For an 18-year-old that has played just 18 times for Botafogo’s first team in Brazil’s top flight, this is a major surprise transfer.
Doria will move to The Old Lady for a reported $10 million fee, which goes to show just how well the centre back did in the second half of the season with Botafogo.
Juventus are poised to announce the signing of Doria at the start of the January 2013 transfer window having tracked the Brazil Under-20 defender since he broke into the Botafogo first team.
An initial bid in November was rejected by Botafogo but the Brazilian side always seemed willing to let the youngster leave if their price demands were met.
The actual arrival of Doria at Juventus could be held up by a few weeks as Doria is currently training with the Brazil Under-20 squad set to compete in the South American Cup in January in Argentina.
Footage of Doria in action can be seen on the video below.