- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is learning the striker role quickly’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal: ‘I can now play Wayne Rooney in midfield or as a striker’ [Video]
- Alessio Cerci agrees to join Milan, paving way for Fernando Torres to return to Atletico Madrid [Sky Italia]
- Awkward! Flamini thought he’d won MOTM until he was told to give it to Alexis Sanchez [Vine]
- Arsenal boss Wenger: ‘Santi Cazorla is a nice guy, he let Alexis Sanchez take the penalty’ [Video]
Jurgen Klopp threw down his mic & stormed out an interview after getting a “stupid” question on German TV [Video]
Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp threw a strop on German TV on Wednesday night.
Dortmund’s future in this season’s Champions League was virtually brought to an end after Real Madrid won 3-0 at the Bernabeu in the first leg.
Needing to win at least 4-0 to turn the tie to progress, Klopp was in no laughing mood when ZDF presenter Jochen Breyer asked him whether Dortmund are out of the tournament.
Breyer said “not even a 4-1 of last year would be sufficient. So, as you said Jurgen Klopp, you said your team would show up, but tie is done.”
Klopp replied “How can anyone pay my salary if I say the tie is done? I would be just as stupid to say we are going to thrash them, but I’m not going to be able to continue standing in this studio to be provoked into saying a stupid thing. For stupid questions I can give stupid answers. [Imitating the reporter] Mr Klopp, is [the tie] done? Yea, you’re right. I’m sorry, but we’re gonna have to show up anyway!”
With that the BVB boss slammed his mic down on the table and stormed off screen.
Apart from being accused for being unprofessional, some are now wondering if Klopp is unhappy with life at Dortmund.
Watch Jurgen Klopp’s interview on German TV below.
- Updated: April 3, 2014