- Jose Mourinho: Bojan Krkic is the only player who almost killed me with a heart attack [Video]
- Barriga (Santiago Wanderers) should hang his head in shame after this horror own goal [Video]
- Lithuanian futsal player Ervins Krainis scores fantastic overhead kick [Video]
- Arsenal players get followed around by Christmas carolers singing football chants in brilliant BT advert
- Louis van Gaal: Sir Alex Ferguson said winning was enough but it’s not, performances matter [Video]
Jose Enrique Tweets about Nemanja Vidic’s “offside” goal
Vidic goal in offside…..
— jose enrique sanchez (@jose3enrique3) January 13, 2013
It wouldn’t be a big Premier League game without some controversy and so it has proved following Manchester United’s 2-1 win over Liverpool on Sunday.
Liverpool’s Jose Enrique was not part of the match day squad on Sunday at Old Trafford but Tweeted after the match that the Vidic goal, Manchester United’s second, was offside.
The sense of conspiracy has once again been taken on Liverpool fans who may well cling to this argument in pubs and schools across the country in the coming days.
Enrique’s Tweet has been retweeted 1,332 times and favourited 169 times, at the time of this post being published.
The Tweet, which will no doubt amuse Manchester United supporters can be seen above.
Below is a picture that suggests Nemanja Vidic was offside and you can judge for yourself on the video at the bottom of this post.
- Updated: January 13, 2013