Jonjo Shelvey trolls the Cardiff fans by doing the ‘Swim Away’ gesture at full time
- November 3, 2013
Jonjo Shelvey had a poor performance in Swansea’a historic 1-0 derby loss to Cardiff City.
The former Liverpool midfielder does know his Swansea-Cardiff history though, as at full time Shelvey trolled the home support by performing the ‘Swim Away’ gesture.
It derives from an event 25 years ago:
In September 1988 a group of around ten Cardiff fans were chased into Swansea Bay by a larger group of Swansea fans. Since then, Swansea fans frequently suggest to their neighbours that they “swim away”, in reference to the event.
On Twitter Swansea fans seem divided by Shelvey’s trolling, many wishing he turned up for the game instead.
The video is below:
Shelvey doing the 'swim-away' at the end of the match wasn't "great". It was pathetic. I'd rather he turned up for the game to be honest.
— Benjamin Degay (@ben_the_jack) November 3, 2013
- Nottingham Forest fan travels to Cardiff. Realises it’s not an away game. Drives ...
- Fan tried to head a ball in the Cardiff v Wolves match. He failed spectacularly (Videos)
- Cardiff v Wolverhampton: Watch a Live Stream
- Watch Scott Malone’s injury time golazo that gave Cardiff a 2-2 draw at QPR (Offi...
- Cardiff 2 – Watford 1: Troy Deeney scores for the Hornets, Joe Mason hits a doubl...
- FA take no action against Malky Mackay & Iain Moody over alleged racist, homophobi...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...