- Arsenal loanee Ryo Miyaichi scores lovely goal for Jong FC Twente vs Jong PSV [Video]
- Bojan & Victor Moses score sublime goals in 4-1 Stoke FA Cup win at Rochdale [GIFs]
- Rochdale fans troll Robbie Savage with chant during FA Cup defeat to Stoke [Video]
- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
Jonjo Shelvey trolls the Cardiff fans by doing the ‘Swim Away’ gesture at full time
Jonjo Shelvey had a poor performance in Swansea’a historic 1-0 derby loss to Cardiff City.
The former Liverpool midfielder does know his Swansea-Cardiff history though, as at full time Shelvey trolled the home support by performing the ‘Swim Away’ gesture.
It derives from an event 25 years ago:
In September 1988 a group of around ten Cardiff fans were chased into Swansea Bay by a larger group of Swansea fans. Since then, Swansea fans frequently suggest to their neighbours that they “swim away”, in reference to the event.
On Twitter Swansea fans seem divided by Shelvey’s trolling, many wishing he turned up for the game instead.
The video is below:
Shelvey doing the 'swim-away' at the end of the match wasn't "great". It was pathetic. I'd rather he turned up for the game to be honest.
— Benjamin Degay (@ben_the_jack) November 3, 2013
- Updated: November 3, 2013