Jonjo Shelvey trolls the Cardiff fans by doing the ‘Swim Away’ gesture at full time
- November 3, 2013
Jonjo Shelvey had a poor performance in Swansea’a historic 1-0 derby loss to Cardiff City.
The former Liverpool midfielder does know his Swansea-Cardiff history though, as at full time Shelvey trolled the home support by performing the ‘Swim Away’ gesture.
It derives from an event 25 years ago:
In September 1988 a group of around ten Cardiff fans were chased into Swansea Bay by a larger group of Swansea fans. Since then, Swansea fans frequently suggest to their neighbours that they “swim away”, in reference to the event.
On Twitter Swansea fans seem divided by Shelvey’s trolling, many wishing he turned up for the game instead.
The video is below:
Shelvey doing the 'swim-away' at the end of the match wasn't "great". It was pathetic. I'd rather he turned up for the game to be honest.
— Benjamin Degay (@ben_the_jack) November 3, 2013
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...