- Cristiano Ronaldo (60) outscored Messi (58) in 2014, but Barça man scored more from play than Madrid rival
- Arsenal stars Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere et al thank followers after reaching 5 million milestone
- Atletico Madrid’s equaliser at Bilbao, scored by Griezmann, was a quality team goal!
- Man United superfan Andy Tate stars in hilarious new BT Sport advert [Video]
- Had Arsenal not dropped 11 points from winning positions…
Jonjo Shelvey trolls the Cardiff fans by doing the ‘Swim Away’ gesture at full time
Jonjo Shelvey had a poor performance in Swansea’a historic 1-0 derby loss to Cardiff City.
The former Liverpool midfielder does know his Swansea-Cardiff history though, as at full time Shelvey trolled the home support by performing the ‘Swim Away’ gesture.
It derives from an event 25 years ago:
In September 1988 a group of around ten Cardiff fans were chased into Swansea Bay by a larger group of Swansea fans. Since then, Swansea fans frequently suggest to their neighbours that they “swim away”, in reference to the event.
On Twitter Swansea fans seem divided by Shelvey’s trolling, many wishing he turned up for the game instead.
The video is below:
Shelvey doing the 'swim-away' at the end of the match wasn't "great". It was pathetic. I'd rather he turned up for the game to be honest.
— Benjamin Degay (@ben_the_jack) November 3, 2013
- Updated: November 3, 2013