Jonjo Shelvey trolls the Cardiff fans by doing the ‘Swim Away’ gesture at full time
Jonjo Shelvey had a poor performance in Swansea’a historic 1-0 derby loss to Cardiff City.
The former Liverpool midfielder does know his Swansea-Cardiff history though, as at full time Shelvey trolled the home support by performing the ‘Swim Away’ gesture.
It derives from an event 25 years ago:
In September 1988 a group of around ten Cardiff fans were chased into Swansea Bay by a larger group of Swansea fans. Since then, Swansea fans frequently suggest to their neighbours that they “swim away”, in reference to the event.
On Twitter Swansea fans seem divided by Shelvey’s trolling, many wishing he turned up for the game instead.
The video is below:
Shelvey doing the 'swim-away' at the end of the match wasn't "great". It was pathetic. I'd rather he turned up for the game to be honest.
— Benjamin Degay (@ben_the_jack) November 3, 2013
- Nottingham Forest fan travels to Cardiff. Realises it’s not an away game. Drives ...
- Fan tried to head a ball in the Cardiff v Wolves match. He failed spectacularly (Videos)
- Cardiff v Wolverhampton: Watch a Live Stream
- Watch Scott Malone’s injury time golazo that gave Cardiff a 2-2 draw at QPR (Offi...
- Swansea’s Andre Ayew named Barclays Premier League Player of the Month (Video)
- Debate rages if Swansea’s Jonjo Shelvey is better than Liverpool’s Jordan H...
- Man United fan trolled for taking his passport to Wales for the Swansea game (Video)
- Juan Mata backs Wayne Rooney in sombre blog after Swansea 2 – Man United 1