- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
John Carew gives up football, gets an acting job in Canada where he holds a decapitated head
John Carew is the latest footballer to try his luck at acting.
Carew, 33, has been without a club since he was released by West Ham last summer, and the Norwegian hitman now appears to have hung up his football boots in order to start an acting career.
Speaking to Dagbladet on Wednesday, Carew told reporters:
I will be here [in Canada] filming for a month. I can’s say much about the film until the project gets more developed, but it’s an action-thriller movie… I think I have ‘it’, and ‘it’ is what you need to be successful in the film industry.
Carew then commented on rumours that the striker could be in line for a return to Aston Villa.
If I had time I would love to play for free for Villa. Aston Villa is my club, and I still have a very good relationship with the club and the fans. I try to communicate with them and keep in touch, but there’s probably a number of practical obstacles in the way of a free transfer back to Villa.
Carew has posted a couple of pictures on his Instagram account from the set of his new movie (see above), whilst the former Norway striker has also recently appeared in a steamy ad for Fashion TV alongside 22-year-old Russian model Tatiana Shamratova.
Watch John Carew’s Fashion TV ad below.
- Updated: January 16, 2013