Joe Cole: ‘When I joined Liverpool they told me they were biggest club in England, but they’re not any more’
- July 26, 2014
Joe Cole’s time at Liverpool wasn’t exactly the stuff of dreams.
The creative midfielder signed for the Reds from Chelsea in 2010, and after ominously getting sent off on his debut, failed to light the Kop up, making just 26 Premier League appearances before moving back to hometown club West Ham.
Now at Aston Villa, Cole has reflected on what went wrong at Liverpool, a move he’s previously said he regrets making.
Kelvin Barker has done an interesting interview with Cole for CFCUK Fanzine, in which he says Liverpool’s insistence that they’re still the biggest club in England, despite not winning the league title since 1990, in the pre-Premier League era, was a reason behind his discontent at Anfield.
- All the details after Joe Cole scored on his 1st Aston Villa league game of the year v ...
- Joe Cole talks to Chelsea TV after the PSG game
- Joe Cole (West Ham) 1-0 v West Brom
- Joe Cole! (West Ham) 1-0 v West Brom [Gif]
- Joe Cole drills home West Ham’s 3rd against Fulham [GIF]
- Joe Cole: England can win the World Cup
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...