Joe Cole: ‘When I joined Liverpool they told me they were biggest club in England, but they’re not any more’
Joe Cole’s time at Liverpool wasn’t exactly the stuff of dreams.
The creative midfielder signed for the Reds from Chelsea in 2010, and after ominously getting sent off on his debut, failed to light the Kop up, making just 26 Premier League appearances before moving back to hometown club West Ham.
Now at Aston Villa, Cole has reflected on what went wrong at Liverpool, a move he’s previously said he regrets making.
Kelvin Barker has done an interesting interview with Cole for CFCUK Fanzine, in which he says Liverpool’s insistence that they’re still the biggest club in England, despite not winning the league title since 1990, in the pre-Premier League era, was a reason behind his discontent at Anfield.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex Chelsea & Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole gets a hat-trick of assists (Official Video)February 14th, 2016
- Loanees from Liverpool, Newcastle & Joe Cole all score for the Sky Blues in a 4-3 win (Video)November 4th, 2015
- Joe Cole scored a brilliant free-kick for Coventry v Barnsley (Fan Footage)November 3rd, 2015
- All the details after Joe Cole scored on his 1st Aston Villa league game of the year v BurnleyNovember 29th, 2014
- Martin Skrtel’s days at Liverpool are almost certainly over, confirms agentMay 25th, 2016
- Loris Karius says he intends to uproot Simon Mignolet as Liverpool number one (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Liverpool “very close” to completing €60m deal for Porto star Yacine Brahimi [A Bola]May 25th, 2016
- New Liverpool signing Loris Karius discusses move from Mainz on InstagramMay 25th, 2016