Joe Cole: ‘When I joined Liverpool they told me they were biggest club in England, but they’re not any more’
Joe Cole’s time at Liverpool wasn’t exactly the stuff of dreams.
The creative midfielder signed for the Reds from Chelsea in 2010, and after ominously getting sent off on his debut, failed to light the Kop up, making just 26 Premier League appearances before moving back to hometown club West Ham.
Now at Aston Villa, Cole has reflected on what went wrong at Liverpool, a move he’s previously said he regrets making.
Kelvin Barker has done an interesting interview with Cole for CFCUK Fanzine, in which he says Liverpool’s insistence that they’re still the biggest club in England, despite not winning the league title since 1990, in the pre-Premier League era, was a reason behind his discontent at Anfield.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea & Liverpool old boy Joe Cole scores a top corner screamer in America (Official Video)October 20, 2016
- Chelsea & Liverpool old boy Joe Cole scores an amazing golazo in the NASL (Official Video)July 17, 2016
- Still got it: Ex Chelsea star Joe Cole (34) incredible assist for Tampa Bay Rowdies (Video)June 5, 2016
- Ex Chelsea & Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole gets a hat-trick of assists (Official Video)February 14, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp admits that Simon Mignolet isn’t happy with his current situation (Video)October 24, 2016
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016