- This graphic shows Louis van Gaal’s stunning influence over top level European football
- Louis van Gaal says that both Jose Mourinho and him live to win titles [Video]
- Gent attacker Nicklas Pedersen hit a sensational volley versus Standard Liege [GIF]
- Incredible last ditch defending by Djurgårdens IF defender in Swedish top flight [GIF]
- Memorable moments from FA Cup semi-finals through the years [Video]
Joe Cole: ‘When I joined Liverpool they told me they were biggest club in England, but they’re not any more’
- July 26, 2014
Joe Cole’s time at Liverpool wasn’t exactly the stuff of dreams.
The creative midfielder signed for the Reds from Chelsea in 2010, and after ominously getting sent off on his debut, failed to light the Kop up, making just 26 Premier League appearances before moving back to hometown club West Ham.
Now at Aston Villa, Cole has reflected on what went wrong at Liverpool, a move he’s previously said he regrets making.
Kelvin Barker has done an interesting interview with Cole for CFCUK Fanzine, in which he says Liverpool’s insistence that they’re still the biggest club in England, despite not winning the league title since 1990, in the pre-Premier League era, was a reason behind his discontent at Anfield.