- Dasha Zhukova, girlfriend of Chelsea’s Abramovich, gets close to DiCaprio in New York [Pictures]
- AC Milan’s Jeremy Menez scored a sensational disallowed goal v Roma [Video]
- Ex-Chelsea man Kevin de Bruyne is on Man City’s shopping list, Wolfsburg to refuse bid [Express]
- Tottenham make West Brom’s Saido Berahino their #1 target, will post bid on January 1st [Sun]
- Lierse goalie Boban Bajkovic concedes a hilariously awful goal v Charleroi after an air kick [Video]
Joe Cole: ‘When I joined Liverpool they told me they were biggest club in England, but they’re not any more’
Joe Cole’s time at Liverpool wasn’t exactly the stuff of dreams.
The creative midfielder signed for the Reds from Chelsea in 2010, and after ominously getting sent off on his debut, failed to light the Kop up, making just 26 Premier League appearances before moving back to hometown club West Ham.
Now at Aston Villa, Cole has reflected on what went wrong at Liverpool, a move he’s previously said he regrets making.
Kelvin Barker has done an interesting interview with Cole for CFCUK Fanzine, in which he says Liverpool’s insistence that they’re still the biggest club in England, despite not winning the league title since 1990, in the pre-Premier League era, was a reason behind his discontent at Anfield.
- Updated: July 26, 2014